To include your event on the KCSI * KOAK Community Calendar,
Submit information at least 2 weeks prior to the event to:
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org /Mail to: KCSI / P.O. Box 465 / Red Oak, Iowa 51566
Apply now for a gardening plot at the new Red Oak Community Garden, CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION!! Application deadline is April 5, 2014
RED OAK HALL OF FAME nominees are now being accepted. You may submit athletes who have been out of school 10 years, multiple sports, character, special awards associated with high school career.....Coaches list their years of service, career record, awards and year of retirement....AD's list years of service awards, special events that happened during their service, and year of retirement. Send to Jeff Spotts, Red Oak High School 2011 N. 8th St. - Red Oak, IA 51566 or email to email@example.com
* Treasure & Food Sale at the Riverton United Methodist Church Basement 8:00 am to 5:30 pm. Homemade baked goods, and serving homemade cinnamon rolls, sandwiches and drinks. Bargains Galore!
* Mills County Public Health Clinic at their office 8:30 am - 11:00 am
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Red Oak High School Auditorium 9;15 am to 3:15 pm.
* Arbor Day Celebration at the Grandma Day Care Center (1335 E. Washington - Clarinda) at 10:00 am sponsored by the Clarinda Trees Forever Committee and Grandma's House Day Care. Three Trees will be planted by the FFA Chapter. The Arbor Day Proclamation will be read and Ron Sanson will make a brief presentation on the Emerald Ash Borer.
* VARFEST 2014 6:30 pm at the Mamrelund Lutheran Church...catered by Cast Iron Café. David McFarland will speak on his book and local piano students will play for entertainment. Get your tickets from any Stanton Community Betterment Association member for $15.
HUGE GARAGE SALE, CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
* Order of Eastern Star Garage Sale and Bake Sale 8am to noon at the Emerson Methodist Church basement. Rolls and coffee for a free will donation.....Spring & summer clothing, knick-knacks, shelf, coffeemaker, shoes, and lots more.
* Iowa's Third Congressional District Democratic Convention at Kirn Middle School in Council Bluffs beginning at 9:30 am. Keynote speaker will be Staci Apple - 3rd District candidate for U.S. House of Representatives.
* Red Oak Cub Scout Pack 80 Food Drive at Red Oak HyVee and Fareway from 11am to 3pm. You may purchased items for the food drive and leave them with the Scouts at the stores. All food items will be donated to local food banks. they will also be selling Camp Cards to help pay for summer camps....they are $5 each with discounts for local services and businesses.
* REUNION....for anyone who attended the SOUTHWEST IOWA COSMETOLOGY COLLEGE from 1973 - 1995 at the Wabash Winery in Shenandoayh from 2-5 pm. $10 Admission. One of the original founders, Wanda Brake is expected to be in attendance. For more information call 402-490-6418.
* SWEDISH SUPPER....at the Bethesda Lutheran Church...BY RESERVATION ONLY. Seating at 5:00 pm, 6:00 pm, and 7:00 pm. Free will donation. Call Mary Ann Vanderholm 829-2505, Rogene at 586-4550, Norma 542-4744, Joan at 246-2904 or Barbara at 586-4509 for your reservation.
* PLATES OF LOVE....activities for Grandma's, Mother's, Mother's to be, Aunt's, Sister's, Daughter's and friends at the Montgomery County Family YMCA Community Room 5:30 - 7:00 pm. For more information contact Mary Brown at 712-621-2677 or 712-623-2174.
* The Elliott Community Club will host BINGO Night at the Elliott Community Building at 6pm.
* Shenandoah American Legion Fried Chicken Dinner 11:00 am to 1:00 pm at the Legion Club (1800 S. Elm) Menu: fried chicken, beef & noodles, mashed potatoes & gravy, creamed cabbage, vegetable, salad and dessert. Adults $12.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Fremont High School 9am to 3pm
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the East Mills High School 10am to 4pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Sidney High School 11:30 am to 5:30 pm.
* 13th Annual National Day of Prayer Breakfast at the Red Coach Inn in Red Oak. Serving will begin promptly at 6:30 am and the program at 7:00 am. Reserved ticket seating is required and may be purchased for $12.50 each The speaker is Jill Miller, an outstanding singer, song writer, and speaker. For more information contact Carol Allensworth 623-3051
* Clarinda National Day of Prayer observance at 11:15 at the Hillside Missionary Church (920 South 16th St.) Jill Miller, a singer/songwriter and inspirational speaker, will be the speaker. Tickets are $10 each and include a catered meal....they may be purchased at Raymond James Financial or Page County Federal by April 25th.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Shenandoah High School 8:30 am to 2:30 pm.
* Retirement Party for Becky McCoy at Page County Savings Bank 1-3 pm ....retiring after 25 years of service. (120 E. Washington Street in Clarinda)
* GARAGE SALE at the Covenant Church basement in Stanton 2pm to 7pm. Hundreds of items...including items from the estate of Frances Hogberg. 100% of proceeds go toward sending kids to Bible Camp and youth gatherings.
* Garage Sale at the Stanton Covenant Church Basement from 7:30 am to 2:00 pm. Hundreds of items including items from the estate of Frances Hogberg. 100% of proceeds go toward sending kids to Bible Camp and youth gatherings.
* Elliott City-Wide Garage Sales 8am to 3pm. There will be a flea market fundraiser for the library at the Elliott Community Building sponsored by the Elliott Community Club.
* Griswold United Methodist Women MAY BREAKFAST at 9:30 am at the church (100 Cass St) "Angels Within Us' will be presented yb Lila Hoogeveen, Shiona Putnam, and Marcia Anderson.
* U.S. House of Representative Republican Candidate Forum at the Red Oak High School Auditorium in Red Oak at 6pm. Free admission. Non-perishable food items will be accepted for the Food Pantry. RECEPTION to meet the candidates preceding the Forum in the Red Oak High School Cafeteria at 5pm. light refreshments will be served. Free will donation or Contribution of $50 for sponsorship. For more information call 712-623-8844 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
* FLY-IN .....Red Oak's Air Venture 10am to 1pm. Pilots eat free. Hamburger, Hot Dog, or Chicken Breast Sandwich meal, Civil Air Patrol display, Iowa National Guard display, Red Oak Classy Chassis Car Club display, Red Oak Fire Department display, Assorted aircraft display.....at 10:30 there will be airplane and helicopter rides. Ping Pong Ball Drop at 11am. Strategic Air & Space Museum's Outreach program 11:30 am. 12:00 noon - Paper Airplane Flight Contest. 12:30 pm. Helicopter Ride Drawing. Please park at the DirecTV parking lot and ride free shuttle. Adults $6 Children 10 and under $3. For more information call the Red Oak Chamber & Industry Association at 712-623-4821.
* "Interesting People Buried in Page County's Cemeteries" will be the 1st Sunday Program at the Nodaway Valley Historical Museum at 2:00 pm in Clarinda. A free will donation is appreciated. For more information contact the Nodaway Valley Historical Museum....712-542-3073.
* Today is the cut-off date for flags to be submitted for dedication in this year's Court of Honor Memorial Day service. For more information contact Ron DeMarce at 623-2796 or Steve Miller at 621-7603.
* Child Birth Class at Shenandoah Medical Center Boardroom 9am - 4pm. No charge. For more information contact the SMC Women's Health Center -April Roop at 712-246-7405. (The Boardroom is in the lower level, please use the main lobby entrance.)
* Shenandoah will host "A Bridge to Understanding" Disability Awareness Day beginning at the old depot in Sportsmans Park. Walk, wheel, or ride on the Wabash Trace Trail the Wabash Bridge and back. Lunch grilled by Eaton Corp.....motivational speaker....music by Brook Turner and world famous harmonica player Gary Allegretto. For more information call the SCIA at 712-246-3455.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Bethlehem Lutheran Church 11:30 am to 5:30 pm.
* Grand Opening for the Stanton Viking Center (501 Elliott Street). An open house will be held at the Viking Center from 5-7pm with opening ceremonies and free entertainment starting at 7pm. The grand opening will include tours, refreshments, flag pole dedication, ribbon cutting, giveaways, and booths by area groups. Entertainment will be Champions Forever with the Spin-tacular Basketball Show by Bruce & Diane Crevier & family.
* Montgomery County Relay for Life in Villisca.
* 7th Annual Run/Walk to Break the Silence on Ovarian Cancer @ Raccoon River Park - 2500 Grand Ave - West Des Moines, IA......will include multiple events for the whole family -- a survivors tent, kids tent, team tent, refreshments, a game truck and shopping in the teal marketplace. For more information contact email@example.com or call 515-289-0871.