To include your event on the KCSI * KOAK Community Calendar,
Submit information at least 2 weeks prior to the event to:
E-Mail: email@example.com /Mail to: KCSI / P.O. Box 465 / Red Oak, Iowa 51566
* MENTORING.....All children need the consistency and the encouragement of caring adults to help them be the best they can be. Mentoring has the power to change lives. Make time for a child in our community ...be someone's hero....be a mentor. For more information contact Peggy Craig the YES Mentoring coordinator at the Red Oak Schools....at 623-6635.
* 2016 Waubonsie 4-H Horse Camp for June 16-18 at the Fremont County Fairgrounds. For all 4-H members 4th through 12th grade who can ride a horse independently regardless of skill level. Registration is $65 and is due with registration form by May 13. Senior 4-H members are encouraged to apply for camp counselor positions...must be 16-18 years old..due May 13. Complete details on the Fremont County Extension website http:www.extension.iastate.edu/fremont/news/waubonsie-horse-camp or call 712-374-2351.
* WANTED........HANDMADE VENDORS....for the Red Oak Craft Festival on August 27th. For more information or for an application call 712-370-2907 or go to Red Oak Craft Festival's facebook page.
* 3 on 3 Basketball Summer League at the Montgomery County Family YMCA in Red Oak for 3rd - 9th grade boys and girls (grade now) July 12 through August 2nd. Teams will play 3 games every Tuesday from July 12 through August 2nd at 8am. $150/team which includes regular season + t-shirt. (Limit of 5 per team) Registration Deadline is May 27. Contact Melanie Sifford at 712-370-5164 or John Blomstedt at 712-623-2161.
* Arbor Day Celebration at 10am just east of the Clarinda Lied Center hosted by the Clarinda Trees Forever Committee. The Brokaw FFA Chapter of Clarinda will do the planting assisted by students from Grandma's House Day Care. The public is encouraged to attend.
* FAMILY FUN NIGHT....sponsored by the Montgomery County Extension 4-H youth program from 6-8 pm at the White Fair Building in Red Oak. $1 admission charge. Lots of games, crafts, prizes and free popcorn.
* 2nd Annual Women Gaining Ground Conference in Glenwood. Check-in between 8-9 am...browse vendor booths and enjoy donut, fresh fruit, coffee bar. 9am Speaker Laurie Guest....followed by breakout sessions for rest of day....Becoming a Grape Goddess; Ag in Iowa, So What?' Building Business Rapport - Marketing Strategies; Meals in Minutes; Farmland Ownership & Management; Putting Pinterest Into Practice; Low-Maintenance Landscaping; Iowa Caught in the Crosshairs of Human Trafficking. The day's activities will conclude around 2:30 - 3:00 pm. Registration forms are available at www.extension.iastate.edu/montgomery or call 712-623-2592. Register by April 8th to take advantage of Earl Bird discounts and for a chance to win $100 cash. The final registration deadline is April 21.
* The Griswold United Methodist Women invite you to their Spring Breakfast at 9:30 am. Cathy Canoyer will be the guest speaker.
* Red Oak Kiwanis Club 7th Annual TRYathon 9am at the Montgomery County Family YMCA. Register by April 20 to receive entry fee discounts. Live Healthy Montgomery County Participants receive a $5 discount. Participants may compete individually or as a team of 3. New this year is a KIDS TRYathlon beginning at 10:30 following the adult event. For more information contact the YMCA or register online at www.mcymca.com
* Coin Fire and Rescue 12th Annual FISH & CHICKEN FRY 5-8 pm. Couples $15. Singles $8.
* Country Classic Band Jam/Dance at the New Market Miner Pavilion 2-5 pm. Come jam with the band, dance, or just enjoy.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at Montgomery County Memorial Hospital 8am - 2pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at Mediacom (310 Commerce Dr.) in Red Oak 9am - 3pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Shenandoah High School 8:30 am - 2:30 pm.
* Emerson Public Library "Painting Barn" 7pm at the Emerson Community Building. Cost $30/person. 712-824-7867 or 712-370-7401 to register.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at First Christian Church in Mount Ayr 11am - 5pm
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at Clarinda Regional Health Center 10:30 am - 4:30 pm.
* Henderson SCHOOL REUNION at the Henderson Community Building. Doors open at 4pm. Meal at 5:30 pm. Please RSVP by May 21. Cost is $15/person. To RSVP contact Martha (McGee) Mundorf at 712-778-4666; Doris (Morris) Harmon at 712-825-3098; or Claudia (McMullen) Hoover at 712-370-2086.
* Red Oak Eagles BINGO every Tuesday, early bird at 6:30, regular at 7:00
* Red Oak Rotary Club meets every Tuesday at noon to 1pm for lunch and program at the Red Coach in Red Oak. Guests always welcome.
*AL-ANON, 12 step program, Tuesday nights at 7 p.m. at Faith Community Church in Red Oak.
* Over Eaters Anonymous meets every Thursday at 5:30 pm at the 1st Methodist Church in Red Oak.
* Alzheimer's Family Support Group meetings the last Wednesday of every month at 2:00 pm at the Good Samaritan Society in Red Oak (201 Alix Avenue). 712-623-3170 or 712-826-9592 for more information.
* CHRIST'S CUPBOARD COMMUNITY FOOD PANTRY is now open for service.....Open Wednesdays 3pm - 5pm and Thursdays 4pm - 6pm.
* BINGO every Friday night at the Nodaway Community Building 7pm
* Overeaters Anonymous.......is food a problem for you? Are you suffering from anorexia, bulimia, obesity, and, or compulsive overeating>. Meetings held weekly on Wednesdays from 5-6 pm at the United Methodist Church in Shenandoah (200 Church Street). For more information contact Sara at 712-215-1500.