To include your event on the KCSI * KOAK Community Calendar,
Submit information at least 2 weeks prior to the event to:
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org /Mail to: KCSI / P.O. Box 465 / Red Oak, Iowa 51566
* WANTED........HANDMADE VENDORS....for the Red Oak Craft Festival on August 27th. For more information or for an application call 712-370-2907 or go to Red Oak Craft Festival's facebook page.
* 3 on 3 Basketball Summer League at the Montgomery County Family YMCA in Red Oak for 3rd - 9th grade boys and girls (grade now) July 12 through August 2nd. Teams will play 3 games every Tuesday from July 12 through August 2nd at 8am. $150/team which includes regular season + t-shirt. (Limit of 5 per team) Registration Deadline is May 27. Contact Melanie Sifford at 712-370-5164 or John Blomstedt at 712-623-2161.
Summer Youth Tennis Registration at the Montgomery County Family YMCA. Lessons start week of June 6 and run through week of July 15th. For Tiny Tots through advanced players. Rudy Kinard will be leading this program. All lessons take place in the morning. Call the YMCA @ 712-623-2161.
* The City of Red Oak is seeking an individual who is willing to volunteer their time to serve on the Red Oak Public Library Board or Directors. Applications are available at the Red Oak City Hall (601 N. 6th St) or on the website www.redoakiowa.com This term is to fill a vacancy that will end July 1, 2020. Completed applications are to be returned to Red Oak City Hall by June 9, 2016. This individual must be a resident of the City of Red Oak.
Summer Day Camp...at the Montgomery County Family YMCA for children entering grades 1st through 5th. Week long camps start the week of June 6 and run through August 5 from 8am to 4pm at the YMCA. Children will spend the days playing games, sports, crafts, and swimming. Register by May 27th and receive a discount. Call the YMCA 712-623-2161.
* SWEDISH SCHOOL sign up for those who have completed 1st thru 6th grades. The Swedish School will be held June 13 - 17 from 9am to Noon at the Stanton Swedish Heritage Center. Cost for the week is $10. Students will perform at the Midsommar Celebration on June 18. Call Yvonne Johnson at 712-586-4504, Diana, Kia at 712-829-2501 or leave a message the Swedish Heritage Center 712-829-2840 to register.
Montgomery County Fair Queen contestants are being sought for the 2016 Fair. If you are interested in running stop by the Montgomery County Extension office at 400 Bridge Street for an application form, or you can also download at www.extension.iastate.edu/montgomery Applications due by noon on Wednesday, June 22nd.
* RED OAK VOLLEYBALL CAMP......led by Varsity Coach Angie Montgomery Thursday and Friday August 11 and 12.......Early bird pricing for each level by August 6. 3rd & 4th GRADES from 4:30 - 5:30 pm .........5th & 6th GRADES 2:45 - 4:15 pm.......7th & 8th GRADES 1:00 - 2:30 pm.....For more information and contact the Montgomery County Family YMCA...712-623-2161.
*RED OAK FOOTBALL CAMP.......for boys entering 3rd - 12th grades under the direction of Varsity Football Coach Barry Bower and his assistants. Discount fees if register before July 13th. 7th - 12th grades please bring your physical and insurance waiver the first day of camp. 3rd - 6th Grades CAMP July 27 - 29 from 7-8 pm.........7th & 8th Grades CAMP August 1-4 from 7-8 pm......9th - 12th Grades CAMP August 1-5 from 9am to 11am. For more information contact the Montgomery County Family YMCA 623-2161.
* 3rd-8th Grade Volleyball Camp led by Jessica Rinehart at the Montgomery County Family YMCA GYM.....July 20-21.....3rd-5th grades from 9:00 am to 10:15 am. 6th - 8th grades from 10:30 am to Noon. Early bird pricing from by July 16th. Contact the YMCA in Red Oak for more information 623-2161.
* There will be an OPEN HOUSE for Nancy Potter and Barb Baier, honoring their many years of service to the Griswold Community School District from 3:30 - 5:30 at the Griswold Community Building.
* Understanding Alzheimer's Dementia at the Shenandoah Public Library from 10am to 12:00 noon. Refreshments provided.
* Understanding Alzheimer's Dementia at the Glenwood Senior Center (202 Vine) from 1-3 pm. Refreshments provided.
* Henderson SCHOOL REUNION at the Henderson Community Building. Doors open at 4pm. Meal at 5:30 pm. Please RSVP by May 21. Cost is $15/person. To RSVP contact Martha (McGee) Mundorf at 712-778-4666; Doris (Morris) Harmon at 712-825-3098; or Claudia (McMullen) Hoover at 712-370-2086.
* The New Market Alumni Banquet at the New Market Pavilion. Doors open at 4pm. Tickets are available at the door for $15. Featured speaker will be Jim Tobin - a 1974 New Market graduate and former VP at the Monsanto company.
* Tabor Historical Society Annual Memorial Day Lunch from 11am to 1pm at the Old Fire Station on Main Street in Tabor. Menu: Maidrites, baked beans, cold slaw, potato salad, dessert and drink for a free will offering. There will also be lunch served again TOMORROW at the Old Fire Station....same menu.
* Memorial Service at the Stanton Covenant Cemetery 2pm. Refreshments. Bring your own chair.
* The 136th Memorial Day Service and Annual Meeting of the Walnut Cemetery Association will be held at 3pm. Guests are reminded to bring lawn chairs, rain or sine, to the tent for the service.
* The Pancake Man will be at the Lewis Community Center from 7:30 to 10:30 am with pancakes, sausage, juice & coffee for a free will donation. Hosted by the Lewis Town & Country Boosters.
* Memorial Day Service at the Stanton High School Gym at 10:00 am.
* Montgomery County Veterans Memorial Court of Honor Memorial Day Program at Evergreen Cemetery. 10:45 am - Band Concert. Program begins at 11am. Command Sergeant Major, Rachel L. Fails, of the Iowa National Guard will be the guest speaker.
* Tabor Historical Society Annual Memorial Day Lunch from 11am to 1pm at the Old Fire Station on Main Street in Tabor. Menu: Maidrites, baked beans, cold slaw, potato salad, dessert and drink for a free will offering.
Prescott United Church Memorial Day Picnic 11am to 1pm......serving sloppy joes, hot dogs/coney dogs, homemade potato salad, assorted jello & pasta salads, baked beans, and pie. Adults $8. Ages 5-12 $4. Under 5 free.
*Memorial Day Dinner at the First Presbyterian Church in Villisca from 11am to 1pm. Serving shredded beef sandwiches, potato salad, baked beans, potato chips, assorted desserts, and drinks. Adults $9. Children (under 12) $4.
* Service at the Grant Cemetery at 11am....will include music, readings, and an honor roll. Small individual flags will be available for families of veterans to place on their graves. Following the cemetery service the Grant United Methodist Church will have its annual MEMORIAL DAY DINNER at the church from 11:30 am to 1:00 for a free will offering. Menu: Sloppy joe or ham sandwich, baked beans, assorted salads, pies, and desserts with coffee, tea, or lemonade. All money raised will be used for the Grant United Methodist Women mission projects and the Grant church. After dinner enjoy country-bluegrass music with Jim and Kathy Wymore and special guests at Grant Park. Admission $7. A concession stand will be open. Bring lawn chairs, umbrellas and rain gear as musicians play on a covered stage.
* Prescott United Church Memorial Day Picnic 11am to 1pm. Menu: Sloppy, Joes, Hot Dogs/Coney Dogs, Homemade potato Salad, Assorted Jello and Pasta salads, baked beans and pie. Adults $8. Ages 5-12 $4. and Under 5 Free
2nd Annual Cruzin' Clarinda. Cars, pick-ups, motorcycles, and tractors welcome. Show & Shine from 1-4 pm. Registration 12:00 noon to 1pm Cruzin' Clarinda Parade 6pm...line-up at 5pm.. Motors only. DJ Music/Dance 7-10 pm on the Southside of the Square. For more details go to www.clarinda.org/cruzin-clarinda
Annual Chuck Wagon Dinner & Auction (rain or shine) at the Old Jail behind the Silver City fire station hosted by the Silver City Historical Society. Music social hour at 5pm. Silent Auction form 5-7 pm. Chuck Wagon Dinner at 6pm. Live Auction and Lived Pie Auction 7pm. Free will donation. Funding by Thrivent Financial.
Horse Fun Show sponsored by the Southwest Iowa Trailblazers at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds 11am. $10 to ride all day. See show bill at Southwest Iowa Trailblazers facebook page.
* A fun, informative "hands-on" camp for kids 3rd - 6th grades..Topics to be covered are tractor safety, first aid, hidden hazards, disability awareness, fire safety, chemical safety, lawn mower safety, and helmet safety. The camp will be held at the Page County Fairgrounds from 9am to 3pm. $20 per child (lunch provided) Pre-registration due by June 10th.
* Montgomery County Ag Society 4-Person, Best Ball, GOLF TOURNAMENT at the Red Oak Country Club. Shotgun start at 12:00 noon. Register by June 4th. Call David at 402-659-0601 or Joe at 712-621-6364. Cost is $160 a team and includes the meal. Carts for $20 each...you can reserve at signup. (personal carts permitted). Live Auction at 6:30 pm . No outside alcohol permitted.
* Fremont/Page County Crime Stoppers 6th Annual Golf Tournament at the American Legion Country Club Golf Course in Shenandoah. Shot Gun Start at 1pm. Lunch & Registration at noon. 4-Person Scramble. Registration includes lunch and 18 holes of golf and Mulligan Package. To sign up call the American Legion Country Club at 712-246-3308.