To include your event on the KCSI * KOAK Community Calendar,
Submit information at least 2 weeks prior to the event to:
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org /Mail to: KCSI / P.O. Box 465 / Red Oak, Iowa 51566
******* RED OAK SUMMER MEAL PROGRAM....June 1 THROUGH August 7 11am to 1pm at Inman Primary School and Washington Intermediate.... Call 712-379-6636 for more information. Any child under age 18 may come eat free.
***** Montgomery County Family YMCA SUMMER VOLLEYBALL CAMP,,,,August 13-14 for girls entering 3rd through 8th grades at the Inman Primary School Gym. Instructor will be ROHS Varsity Volleyball Coach Angela Montgomery assisted by the 2015 ROHS varsity volleyball players. 7th & i8th grades will meet from 1:00 to 2:30 pm each day. 5th & 6th grades will meet from 2:45 to 4:15 pm each day. 3rd & 4th grades will meet from 4:30 to 5:30 pm each day. For more information call the YMCA at 712-623-2161 or visit the website www.mcymca.com
* Montgomery County Family YMCA 1st-4th grade FLAG FOOTBALL. early bird registration ends August 29...final registration September 5. Contact the YMCA at 623-2161 or go online to www.mcymca.com
* Montgomery County Family YMCA FALL VOLLEYBALL PROGRAM... For girls entering 3rd-6th grades for the 2015-16 school year. Call the YMCA at 623-2161 or go online at www.mcymca.com for more information.
* ARC/PLC Enrollment for 2014-2015 Crop ears.....The Farm Service Agency announced the enrollment period for crop years 2014 & 2015 of ARC and PLC farms began June 17 and will continue until Sept 30, 2015. This is the 3rd step of the process. All farms with bases must be enrolled in order to be eligible for any payments that may be earned. Call 712-623-2527 for more information.
* Mills County Public Health Immunization Clinic 8:30 - 11:00 am at their office in Glenwood.
* The Nodaway Valley Historical Museum's First Sunday Program 2:00 pm. in the meeting room. Dan Eshelman of Clarinda will show slides and talk about this area's coal mining history. This is a 1-hour FREE program. Refreshments will be served after the program. Donations are welcome. For more information call 712-542-3073.
* Country Classic Band Jam/Dance at the New Market Miner Pavilion 2-5 pm. Come jam with the band, dance, or just enjoy.
* 9th Annual Iowa Women in Agriculture Conference at the FFA Enrichment Center in Ankeny. Topics include: farm markets & global trends, financial credit management, ag advocacy, farmer led efforts to improve water quality, agronomic best practices, the care handling of big data and more. Keynote speaker is Lt. Governor Kim Reynolds. COMPLIMENTARY Wine & Cheese welcome networking reception Monday, Aug 3, 5-7 pm at Courtyard by Marriott Ankeny. Conference registration begins at 7:15 am today....conference from 8:15 am to 5:00 pm. Cost is $50 which includes Monday evening reception, continental breakfast & lunch today. Registration due JULY 25. All early registrants eligible to win a free mini iPad. For more information call Deb Schuler at 712-249-4321, 712-243-4444 or visit www.iowawomeninag.org
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the American Legion Hall in Bedford 11am to 5pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the South Page High School 10am to 4pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Essex High School 8am to 2pm.
* ServSafe, the national certification program for food service managers, will be held at the ISU Extension Office in Red Oak. Cost is $150 which includes 8 hours class time, a manual, and the national certification exam. There is a $50 discount for Iowa Restaurant Assoc members. For more information and registration form contact call 712-623-2592 or contact your local ISU Extension & Outreach office. Registration is required by August 3.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the East Mills High School 10am to 4pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Central Church of Christ in Griswold 11am to 5pm.
* Annual CLOTHING GIVEAWAY at Inman Primary School Cafeteria in Red Oak from 9am to 1pm. Donated clothing is given away FREE to families needing clothing for their children for the upcoming school year. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE, donation sites are Montgomery County Family YMCA, Stanton Viking Center, DirecTV, and Inman Primary (the week of August 10). Donations will be taken through August 12. If you have questions call Abby at 623-1943.
* 1st Annual Running with the Bulls 5K/10K. The Iowa Army Natinal Guard Bravo Company 1-168 and Family Readiness Group invite participants to race with the current Bravo Company 1-168 soldiers, RED BULL DIVISION. The race will be timed on the Wabash Nature Trail beginning in Shenandoah at the Iowa Army National Guard Armory. Entrants can also walk. Cost $25 includes dri-fit shirt. Starts at 8am. Registration due by August 1...no race day entries. Register at getmeregistered.comor by mail to Bravo Co FRG, 601 Ferguson Rd., Shenandoah 51601. For more information call Amanda Latham 402-990-9465
* 39th Annual Red Oak Classy Chassis Car Show. Registration 8:30 - 12:00. Voting 12:00 - 1:30 pm. Trophy Presentation 4:00 pm. Pre-Entry Fee $15 (Deadline August 3). Day of Show $20. For more information call 712-623-2617 or 712-623-4195.
* Red Oak Craft Festival 9am to 3pm at the White Fair Building. Admission is $1 with proceeds going to the Red Oak Country School playground equipment fund. Food will be available to purchase. To be a vendor or for more information call Debbie Wistrom at 712-829-2657 or Lori Johnson at 712-623-9079.
* Cardinal Fund Gala at the Clarinda Country Club....Social hour 6-7 pm. Dinner and entertainment to follow. There are 150 tickets available starting July 15 @ $50 per person. Tickets can be purchased at the Clarinda Foundation or by contacting Jennifer McCall at 712-303-7528. Proceeds to directly to the Clarinda School District.
Montgomery County Fair
Page County Fair
Mills County Fair
Taylor County Fair
Fremont County Fair
Cass County Fair
* Red Oak Eagles BINGO every Tuesday, early bird at 6:30, regular at 7:00
* Red Oak Rotary Club meets every Tuesday at noon to 1pm for lunch and program at the Red Coach in Red Oak. Guests always welcome.
* Project Porchlight has meetings open to the public on the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays of each month at the Heartland Livestock Conference Room in Red Oak, for more information call 623-2281. Prayer Walk every Thursday evening 4:30 pm at Fountain Square Park in Red Oak.
AL-ANON, 12 step program, Tuesday nights at 7 p.m. at Faith Community Church in Red Oak.
* Over Eaters Anonymous meets every Thursday at 5:30 pm at the 1st Methodist Church in Red Oak.
* Alzheimer's Family Support Group meetings the last Wednesday of every month at 2:00 pm at the Good Samaritan Society in Red Oak (201 Alix Avenue). 712-623-3170 or 712-826-9592 for more information.
* CHRIST'S CUPBOARD COMMUNITY FOOD PANTRY is now open for service.....Open Wednesdays 3pm - 5pm and Thursdays 4pm - 6pm.
* BINGO every Friday night at the Nodaway Community Building 7pm