To include your event on the KCSI * KOAK Community Calendar,
Submit information at least 2 weeks prior to the event to:
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org /Mail to: KCSI / P.O. Box 465 / Red Oak, Iowa 51566
* ATTENTION FORMER RED OAK TIGER PLAYERS....... you are invited to a Red Oak Tiger Football Alumni event......Thursday Sept 18 Join the 2014 Tiger team to watch practice at 4pm and then join them for the team dinner. Friday, September 19, you will serve as captains for the Red Oak - West Central Valley game. Be at the Benda Field by 6:15 pm...there will be a designated seating area. RSVP to Jen Bruce by September 12 at email@example.com
* ASSESSOR, AUDITORS, & CONFERENCE BOARD CHAIRPERSONS EXAMINATIONS UPCOMING....deputy assessor examination will be Saturday, October 11. The assessor examination will be Saturday, October 18. Both at the 4th Floor Conference Rooms, Hoover State Office Building, 1305 E Walnut St. in Des Moines. Questions contact 515-281-7836 or Carmen.Putzier@iowa.gov
* Mills County Public Health Immunization Clinic 8:30 - 11;00 am at their office in Glenwood.
* Red Oak Public Library Story Time 10:15 am. Today's theme: Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus.
* Homecoming Tailgate Supper from 5:00 - 6:30 pm hosted by the Stanton Booster Club. Choice of brisket or pulled-pork sandwich, potato salad, baked beans, chips, dessert and drink. Brisket Sandwich meal $7. Pulled-Pork Meal $6.
Montgomery County Family YMCA, Grand Reopening of the Wellness and Fitness Center,
* 86th Annual Emerson Days Breakfast @ Spanky's 7-10:30am, Run/Walk 7:30am, Softball tournament 10am, Kiddie Parade 10;45, Parade 11:00, Kids games in the afternoon, Indian Creek Antique Tractor Pull 1pm, Professional Pedal Tractor Pull 1pm, Bingo 1-3pm, Supper in Evans Park 4:30 - 6:30 pm, Pie Auction 5:30 pm in Park, Entertainment in Park (Craig Florlan as Elvis) 6:00- 7:30 pm, Teen Dance 8-11pm, and Street Dance 8pm-1am.
* Indian Creek Museum's Annual THRESHING DAYS AND ANTIQUE TRACTOR PULL. Tractor Pull at 1pm and Threshing demonstration at 2pm. The museum is located just south of the Nishna Valley School.
* Salem Cemetery Association meeting at the Pizza Ranch in Red Oak at 9:30 am. Purpose is to update members on ongoing plans at the cemetery and gather input. Public is invited.
* 86th Annual Emerson Days continue.....Pancake Feed at the Fire Station 7-10am, Community Church Service 10:30 am, and Indian Creek Antique Tractor Pull 1pm & Threshing demonstration at 2pm with food available. The Indian Creek Museum is located just south of the Nishna Valley School.
Country Classic Band Jam & Dance at the New Market Miner Pavilion from 2-5 pm.
* "Home Fronts of Iowa, 1940-45" will be the program at the Nodaway Valley Historical Museum's First Sunday Program at 2pm.Lisa Ossian, Assoc. Professor of History at Des Moines Community College will be guest speaker. Free admission, but donations are appreciated. Refreshments will be served. For more information call the museum at 712-542-3073.
* The Lisle/ExWay retirees and friends lunch at J's Pizza in Clarinda at 11:30 am.
* "MY SOCIAL SECURITY"....Education and sign up event at 1:00 pm at the Red Oak Public Library presented by the Social Security Administration.
* The Corning Opera House & Cultural Center presents Mark Mulligan & Kelly McGuire (2 guitarists) at 7pm. Adults $15. Students $7. Purchase tickets at their website www.corningoperahouse.com
* Mills County Public Health Immunization Clinic 8:30 am to 11:00 am at their office in Glenwood.
* Red Oak Public Library Story Time 10:15 am. Today's theme is Very Hungry Caterpillar.
* The Blackwood Legacy Quarter from Nashville will be in concert at Hope for Life Christian Church in Red Oak at 7pm. Admission is free.....a free-will offering will be received. The church is located at 300 E. Oak. For more information call the church at 623-7062 or 712-216-1148.
* Red Oak Eagles annual Jimmy Durante Crippled Children & Child Abuse Fund Raiser 10am to 5pm at the Eagles Lodge (200 E. Washington) in Red Oak. Bounce house, games for the kids, fire truck rides, ferris wheel, cake walk, bingo, face painting, tattoos, food, and prizes. For more information c all 623-3125.
* SeptemberFest Parade in Prescott at 10:30 am. Following the parade the Prescott United Church will have a meal in the park....fresh deep fat fried fish or sloppy joe dinner...coleslaw, baked beans, chips, fruit pies. Proceeds will go toward the expense of replacing church roof. Adults $7. Ages 5-12 $4. Under 5 Free.
* Horse Fund Show at the Montgomery County Fair Grounds in Red Oak at 11am. Hosted by the Southwest Iowa Trailblazers. Concession on the grounds. Pleasure classes, barrels, poles, speed trial & others.
* Henderson "MIni" Days starting at 4pm. Bounce House, kids games, Kids Tractor Pull, Bingo at the Community Center, Supper at the Firehouse, 50/50 raffle, movie at the gazebo park at dusk.
* Red Oak Public Library Story-Time 10:15 am. Today's theme: Big Red Apple
* Mills County Public Health Immunization Clinic 9:30 - 11:30 am at their office in Glenwood.
* Montgomery County Conservation Board Youth Fur Harvesters Field Day 10am to 3pm. Call 712-623-4753 for more information.
* 30th Annual River City Classics Car Club Applejack Car Show in Downtown Nebraska City. Registration 8am to noon. Judging noon to 2pm. Awards at 4pm. For more information contact Cliff Cooper at 402-874-9735 or Tom Wurtele 402-873-3211.
* Open House for Kathie Bell who is retiring from Farmers Mutual Telephone Company in Stanton 1-4 pm.
* Mills County Public Health Immunization Clinic 8:30 - 11:00 am at their office in Glenwood.
* Red Oak Public Library Story Time 10:15 am. Today's theme: Falling for Leaves.
* The building formerly known as Tabor Auction House will officially open as the Main Stage & Performing Arts Center. Open house from noon to 5pm. The doors will close at 5:00 pm to prepare for the show. Doors will reopen at 6:30 pm and the show starts at 7pm sharp. Admission is specially priced at $10 per person and a non-perishable food item for donation to the local food pantry. The show will feature local, regional and national acts in an opry style music show twice per month.
* Red Oak Senior Center "Senior Potluck on the Hill" 5:30 pm (2700 N. 4th next to History Center) Bring a dish and enjoy the fellowship. For more information call 623-3497.
* Southwest Iowa Band Jamboree in Clarinda....Parade at 9:00 am around the downtown square with over 50 bands. The afternoon field activities start at 12:50 pm at the Clarinda High School Football Field. the University of Nebraska Omaha Marching Mavericks will perform an exhibition show prior to the field competition award ceremony.
* Montgomery County Conservation Board Youth/Mentor Pheasant Hunt 8am to 1pm. Call 712-623-4753 for more information.