To include your event on the KCSI * KOAK Community Calendar,
Submit information at least 2 weeks prior to the event to:
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org /Mail to: KCSI / P.O. Box 465 / Red Oak, Iowa 51566
Apply now for a gardening plot at the new Red Oak Community Garden, CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION!! Application deadline is April 5, 2014
RED OAK HALL OF FAME nominees are now being accepted. You may submit athletes who have been out of school 10 years, multiple sports, character, special awards associated with high school career.....Coaches list their years of service, career record, awards and year of retirement....AD's list years of service awards, special events that happened during their service, and year of retirement. Send to Jeff Spotts, Red Oak High School 2011 N. 8th St. - Red Oak, IA 51566 or email to email@example.com
* Red Oak Junior Class Post-Prom Meeting at the Red Oak High School 7:30 pm.
* Montgomery County AUDITOR'S OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED TODAY for required election training.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Central Church of Christ in Griswold 11am to 5pm.
* Mills County Public Health Clinic at their office 4-6 pm.
Reconciled performs at the Wilson Performing Arts Center, CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
* Good Friday Prayer Breakfast 6:30 am to 7:45 am at the Montgomery County Family YMCA Multi-Purpose Room. Sponsored by the YMCA, Montgomery County Ministerial Fellowship, and the YMCA Men's Thursday Bible Study Group.
* Red Oak Rotary Easter Egg Hunt, 10 AM, CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO!!
* Red Oak Kiwanis Club 5th Annual TRYathlon 9am....registration at 8am at the Montgomery County Family YMCA.....Swim 200 meters; Bike 5 miles; Walk/Run 2 miles. Can be individuals or teams. Register by April 5 for discounts. Live Healthy Montgomery County participants receive a $5 discount. Contact the Montgomery County family YMCA for more information or Jody Hossle.
* One-Day Appleseed starting at 8am 5 1/2 miles east of Shenandoah. Instructors will teach a unique combination of fundamental rifleman skills and American Revolutionary Wary history. Please register at appleseedinfo.org or call Don at 712-246-3423 or 712-370-3964.
* EASTER EGG HUNT....at the Page County Courthouse in Clarinda 10:30am. Sponsored by the Clarinda Kiwanis Club & Clarinda Chamber of Commerce. Age groups will be 3 & under; 4-5, 6-7, and 8-10. In case of rain the Easter Egg Hunt will be held at the Clarinda Lied Center.
* Villisca Easter Egg Hunt at Central Park 11am for children ages 1-10.
* Emerson Easter Egg Hunt at 2pm in Evans Park for Pre-school through 4th graders. Sponsored by the Henderson Hornets/Ambitious Andies 4-H Club, Houghton State Bank and Emerson Community Club.
* Annual Meeting of the Stanton Historical Society 2pm at the Swedish Heritage Center in Stanton. Zeb McFarland will speak about the future of the Coffee Pot Water Tower and Don Hicks will speak about the museum's new baseball exhibit. Refreshments will be served.
* BENEFIT FOR Josh Fritz at the Old Fire Station in Tabor from 5pm to 10pm....homemade noodles, beef & chicken, potatoes, bread, desserts, & beverages. Admission $8 for adults. $5 for children 10 and under. Auction starts at 7pm. New, homemade, and gently used items will be auctioned off. If you have any questions, or would like to make a contribution, please contact Deanne Buffington at 712-622-8478 or Dianne Fritz at 712-629-8411.
* Bingo at the Elliott Community Building....Doors open at 6:30pm Bingo starts at 7pm.
* Villisca Advent Christian Church 4th Annual Easter Dinner at the Villisca Community Center 11:30 am. MENU: ham balls, scalloped potatoes, vegetables, deviled eggs, rolls/butter, desserts, and drinks for a donation to their home and foreign mission funds.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Trinity Lutheran Church in Glenwood 12:00 noon to 6pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Glenwood High School 7am to 1pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Dive at the Clarinda Academy 8am to 2pm
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Southwest Valley High School Campus in Corning 11:30 am to 5:30 pm.
* Mills County Public Health Clinic at their office 8:30 am - 11:00 am
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Red Oak High School Auditorium 9;15 am to 3:15 pm.
* VARFEST 2014 6:30 pm at the Mamrelund Lutheran Church...catered by Cast Iron Café. David McFarland will speak on his book and local piano students will play for entertainment. Get your tickets from any Stanton Community Betterment Association member for $15.
HUGE GARAGE SALE, CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the American Legion in Avoca form 8am to 12:30 pm.
* REUNION....for anyone who attended the SOUTHWEST IOWA COSMETOLOGY COLLEGE from 1973 - 1995 at the Wabash Winery in Shenandoayh from 2-5 pm. $10 Admission. One of the original founders, Wanda Brake is expected to be in attendance. For more information call 402-490-6418.
* SWEDISH SUPPER....at the Bethesda Lutheran Church...BY RESERVATION ONLY. Seating at 5:00 pm, 6:00 pm, and 7:00 pm. Free will donation. Call Mary Ann Vanderholm 829-2505, Rogene at 586-4550, Norma 542-4744, Joan at 246-2904 or Barbara at 586-4509 for your reservation.
* Shenandoah American Legion Fried Chicken Dinner 11:00 am to 1:00 pm at the Legion Club (1800 S. Elm) Menu: fried chicken, beef & noodles, mashed potatoes & gravy, creamed cabbage, vegetable, salad and dessert. Adults $12.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Fremont High School 9am to 3pm
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the East Mills High School 10am to 4pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Sidney High School 11:30 am to 5:30 pm.
* 13th Annual National Day of Prayer Breakfast at the Red Coach Inn in Red Oak. Serving will begin promptly at 6:30 am and the program at 7:00 am. Reserved ticket seating is required and may be purchased for $12.50 each The speaker is Jill Miller, an outstanding singer, song writer, and speaker. For more information contact Carol Allensworth 623-3051
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Shenandoah High School 8:30 am to 2:30 pm.
* Elliott City-Wide Garage Sales 8am to 3pm. There will be a flea market fundraiser for the library at the Elliott Community Building sponsored by the Elliott Community Club.
* Griswold United Methodist Women MAY BREAKFAST at 9:30 am at the church (100 Cass St) "Angels Within Us' will be presented yb Lila Hoogeveen, Shiona Putnam, and Marcia Anderson.
* Child Birth Class at Shenandoah Medical Center Boardroom 9am - 4pm. No charge. For more information contact the SMC Women's Health Center -April Roop at 712-246-7405. (The Boardroom is in the lower level, please use the main lobby entrance.)
* Shenandoah will host "A Bridge to Understanding" Disability Awareness Day beginning at the old depot in Sportsmans Park. Walk, wheel, or ride on the Wabash Trace Trail the Wabash Bridge and back. Lunch grilled by Eaton Corp.....motivational speaker....music by Brook Turner and world famous harmonica player Gary Allegretto. For more information call the SCIA at 712-246-3455.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Bethlehem Lutheran Church 11:30 am to 5:30 pm.
* Montgomery County Relay for Life in Villisca.
* 7th Annual Run/Walk to Break the Silence on Ovarian Cancer @ Raccoon River Park - 2500 Grand Ave - West Des Moines, IA......will include multiple events for the whole family -- a survivors tent, kids tent, team tent, refreshments, a game truck and shopping in the teal marketplace. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-289-0871.