To include your event on the KCSI * KOAK Community Calendar,
Submit information at least 2 weeks prior to the event to:
E-Mail: email@example.com /Mail to: KCSI / P.O. Box 465 / Red Oak, Iowa 51566
CLICK HERE FOR NOVEMBER HOLIDAY EVENTS IN RED OAK
CLICK HERE FOR DECEMBER HOLIDAY EVENTS IN RED OAK
OPERATION CHRISTMAS BLESSING 2013, sponsored by the Clarinda Police Department and the Clarinda E-911 Communications Center. Children may be signed up for involvement now through Friday, December 20th, 2013. All information concerning child is confidential. Call the Clarinda Police Department at 712-542-2194 for more information.
The Red Oak FFA Chapter is in the process of gathering clothes that can be used for Official FFA Dress . Several member cannot afford all the components, such as White Dress Shirts, Black Dress Pants, Black knee-length Skirts, Men's Black Dress Shoes, Ladies Closed-Toed Dress Shoes, and FFA Jackets. Contact Alan Spencer at 515-460-5560.
Page County Sherriff's Office - Operation Blessing, focusing on children in communities and rural areas of Page County. Requests will be taken from November 25, 2013 until December 20, 2013, and must come from a parent or guardian of the child. For additional details call 712-542-5193, or in person at the Page County Sheriff's Office at 323 North 15th Street in Clarinda, Iowa.
* Parents and friends of the RED OAK WRESTLING program are raising money to buy new singlets for this season. Half of the money has been raised. If you would like to make a contribution, contact Pam Mirts (712-621-6953) or take your contribution by the Red Oak High School.
* NEEEDED.......West Central Development and Red Oak FIrst Baptist Church Food Pantry are accepting donations of the following: Gently used coats, gloves, hats, blankets. Items may be dropped off in Red Oak at BP, Hardware Hank, SWILS, Southwest Iowa Tire, and Red Oak Tap. If you have any questions call 623-5105.
* 11th Annual Presents for Residents at ASI Audiology in Red Oak, 1010 Broadway. Pick up a wish list ornament to buy gifts for a nursing home resident in Red Oak. Return the gift by Dec 19 to ASI and it will be delivered to the recipient. Contact Abby Couse at 623-1943 or ASI 623-4802 for more information.
* ORDER YOUR HOMEMADE HOLIDAY ICED COOKIES NOW.....The Oakland Christian Church is taking orders......1 dozen $7....2 dozen $13....3 dozen or more $6 a dozen. Orders need to be placed by December 13 and picked up December 19th or 20th. Call the church at 712-482-6240 or email at Jn316servehim@frontiernet.net .
MEN'S VOLLEYBALL......Montgomery County Family YMCA Men's Volleyball League will begin January 14, 2014 and end sometime in March. Open to any interested male player out of high school. Deadline to register a team is December 28th. For more information call the YMCA at 712-623-2161 or go to the website www.mcymca.com
* Visit the North Pole Winter Wonderland at Northboro........see the lights, decorations, and Santa...all free. You can take pictures with Santa with your camera for free. Santa is at the North Pole on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sundays and by appointment for large groups. The north pole is open nightly from 6pm -10:30 pm. Northboro is located 12 miles south of Shenandoah. For more information call 918-441-8799.
* Immunization & Flu Clinic at the Mills County Public Health Office 8:30 am to 11:00 am.
* Red Oak Public Library Story Time 10:15 am. Theme is winter.
* Montgomery County Family YMCA Soupfest, 11:30am - 1pm, Entertainment, Red Oak High School Mini Singers. Cost $5.00
* Montgomery County - American Red Cross - Blood Drive, 8am-2pm at Red Oak High School Auditorium, 2011 North Eight Street in Red Oak, Iowa.
* Christmas Concert at the First United Methodist Church in Red Oak 6:30 pm.....Reconciled and Grateful Heart will be featured groups.
* Advent Breakfast at the Congregational Church UCC in Shenandoah (300 Church St.) from 7-9 am for a free will donation. Menu: Biscuits & gravy, pancakes, sausage & scrambled eggs. Proceeds for Optimist youth activities.
* Christmas Cookie Walk at the Villisca Community Building starting at 7:30 am sponsored by the Villisca United Methodist Church Women. Create your own assortment for $3/dozen. Rolls & Coffee for a free will donation. Bring a food pantry item and get a free cup of coffee.
* Cookie Walk at Faith Community Church 8am to noon. Buy a box for !0 and fill it with your choice of cookies. Free coffee and hot chocolate. Proceeds to toward youth mission trip to the Dominican Republic.
* Annual Bazar, 8am-noon, 1st Congregational UCC Church, 109 N. Walnut St., Glenwood.
* Art Class at the Villisca Public Library featuring local artist, Marie Sussman, from 10am to 11:30 am. The class will be Intro to Watercolors. Cost is $20. Sign up at the library. 712-826-2452.
* Annual Soup & Pie Luncheon at the First Covenant Church (3rd & Hammond in Red (Oak). Serving from 11am to 1pm. Menu: homemade chili, chicken noodle, or oyster soup plus delicious pies for a free will offering. Proceeds to Missions and Bible Camp. Also selling Christmas cookie and candy plates.
* Massena Historical Society's Annual Soup and Salad Luncheon 11am to 1pm. at the CAM Middle School Commons in Massena. Tickets are $7. Tables for all occasions may be viewed at 10am. Christmas cookies and candy tins are available to buy. Door prizes. For more information call 712-779-0034
* Red Oak Grand Theater FREE Saturday Matinees, Pick up your FREE tickets from any participating Merchant Movie Sponsor. 2 pm today....Arthur Christmas
* Welcome to Christmastown, 6pm at the Griswold Community Building. Reserve your place by calling 778-2433, or pick up tickets in office or Petals 'n Pages.
* Touchstone Arts Council Annual Red Oak Victorian Tour of Homes & Victorian Tea. The home tour will be from 1-4 pm and the Victorian Tea will be at the Montgomery County History Center from 2-5 pm. Tickets are $10 and include the tour of all homes and the Victorian Tea. They may be purchased at Berggren Jewelry, The Pudgy Pumpkin Gift Shop, or the Red Oak Chamber Industry Assn. Tickets will also be sold the day of the tour at each home. For more information go to www.touchstoneartscouncil.com
* Adams County - American Red Cross - Blood Drive, 8am-2pm at Southwest Valley High School Corning Campus, 904 Eighth St. in Corning, Iowa.
* Flu Clinic at Mills County Public Health Office in Glenwood 1-4 pm.
* ServSafe, the national certification program for food service managers, will be held in Carson today at the Community Building. Cost is $150 which includes 8 hours class time, a manual, and the national certification exam. For more information call 712-482-6449 or your local extension office. Registration is required by December 3.
* Taylor County - American Red Cross - Blood Drive, 11am-5pm at the American Legion Hall, 301 Main Street in Bedford, Iowa.
* The December Lisle/ExWay retirees and friends lunch will be at 11:30 am at J's Pizza in Clarinda.
* Red Oak FFA Alumni Meeting 7pm in the high school Ag Room. Parents of Stanton students who participate in the Red Oak Ag classes are encouraged to attend. For more information contact Curt Frazee at 712-370-2623 or the FFA Sponsor, Mr. Spencer at the Red Oak High School 623-6610.
* Montgomery County - American Red Cross - Blood Drive, 7:30am-1pm at Stanton High School, 605 Elliot in Stanton, Iowa.
* Fremont County - American Red Cross - Blood Drive, 10am-4pm at Sidney High School, 2754 Knox Road in Sidney, Iowa.
* Immunization & Flu Clinic at the Mills County Public Health Office in Glenwood from 8:30 - 11:00 am.
* Red Oak Public Library Story Time 10:15 am. Theme: Deer
* The Clarinda Chamber of Commerce Holiday Open House at the Chamber office (115 E. Main) from 2-4 pm. They will provide all of your favorite holiday treats. The community is invited.
* Holiday Lighted Fire Truck Rides at the Montgomery County Family YMCA 4:30 - 6:30 pm. FREE!! Rides leave approximately every 20 minutes. Pictures with Santa will be $10.
* 2nd Saturday Breakfast Buffet, serving the community 8-10am, UCC Fellowship Hall, 109 N. Walnut, Glenwood, Free-will donation accepted.
* Children's Christmas Store at the Essex Old Gym.. Children can come select 5 gifts that they would like to GIVE this holiday season FREE. Doors open at 9am Admission is a non-perishable food item.
* Elliott Area Annual Christmas Drawing at 1pm at the Elliott Community Building. There will be drawings for hams, turkeys, gift cards, etc. Santa will come around 2pm. Sponsored by the Elliott Community Club.
* Red Oak Grand Theater FREE Saturday Matinees, Pick up your FREE tickets from any participating Merchant Movie Sponsor. 2 pm today....Christmas is here again.
* Nutcracker Christmas, 1pm-??? at the Cass County Museum. Pie Auction at 3pm, made possible by Thrivent Financial for Lutherans.
* Swedish Santa Lucia Festival of Lights at the Stanton High School 7pm. There will be a shuttle from the Mamrelund Lutheran Church parking lot.
* American Red Cross Bloodmobile 8:30 am to 2:30 pm at the Cass County Memorial Hospital in Atlantic.
* American Red Cross Bloodmobile Noon to 6pm at the American Legion Hall in Lenox.
* Community Christmas program at the Evangelical Covenant Church (308 Eastern Ave) in Stanton at 7pm with refreshments to follow. No charge. Handicap accessible at the east entrance. Any questions call 712-829-2129,
* American Red Cross Bloodmobile 8am to 2pm at Clarinda Academy.
* Immunization & Flu Clinic at the Mills County Public Health Office in Glenwood 4-6 pm.
* Red Oak Public Library Story Time 10:15 am. Theme: Santa/Christmas
* Red Oak Grand Theater FREE Saturday Matinees, Pick up your FREE tickets from any participating Merchant Movie Sponsor. 2 pm today....An All Dogs Christmas Carol
* Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Red Oak Christmas Eve Service 7:30 pm.
* Immunization & Flu Clinic at the Mills County Public Health Office in Glenwood 8:30 - 11:00 am.
* Red Oak Public Library Story Time at 10:15 am. Theme: Snow
* American Red Cross Bloodmobile 11am to 5pm at St. Patrick's Parish Center in Audubon.
* Montgomery County Family YMCA Soupfest, 11:30am - 1pm. Entertainment, BINGO. Cost $5.00