CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR SUMMER 2015 TRY-OUT INFO
To include your event on the KCSI * KOAK Community Calendar,
Submit information at least 2 weeks prior to the event to:
E-Mail: email@example.com /Mail to: KCSI / P.O. Box 465 / Red Oak, Iowa 51566
* RED OAK REDEMPTION CENTER...winter hours - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from noon to 5pm and Saturday from 9am to 1pm.
* Mills County Public Health Immunization Clinic 8:30 - 11:00 am at their office in Glenwood.
* Red Oak Public Library Story Time at 10:15 am....today's theme ANTS.
* Meeting for all growers who are interested in selling at the Clarinda's Farmers' Market in 2015 season at 4pm at the Page County Extension Office. For more information call Jack McElroy at 660-729-4672.
* Stanton Junior Class pasta meal during the PTSO Winter Carnival tonight from 5-7 pm in the high school lunch room for a free will donation which will go towards the 2015 Junior Class Prom.
* The Glenwood Marketing Class's "Glenwood Night at the Mavericks"....you can join in for a special Glenwood price of only $12. That's 1/3 of original price. The puck drops at 7:37 pm. Get tickets now from any Glenwood Marketing student.
* Adams Community Legislative Coffee 10am at the Corning Public Library.
* All-You-Can-Eat Fish Fry at the Emerson American Legion 5-7 pm. Adults $9. Children $5.
* 30th Annual Montgomery County Ducks Unlimited Banquet at the Red Coach Restaurant in Red Oak. Tickets are available from Kevin Hale 370-7804, any committee member, or at the door.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at Oakland Riverside High School 8am to 2pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at Clarinda Regional Health Center 10:30 am - 4:30 pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at First Christian Church in Mt. Ayr from 11am to 5pm
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Essex High School from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm.
* Mills County Public Health Immunization Clinic from 8:30 - 11:00 am at their office in Glenwood.
* Red Oak Public Library Story Time at 10:15 am. Today's theme: Rainbow/St. Patrick's Day.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the South Page High School 11:30 am to 5:30 pm.
* Children/Teen Consignment Clothing Sale 4pm - 8pm at St. John's Lutheran Church (104 East St. ) in Essex. If you would like to consign, contact Katy at 712-246-8659.
* Annual FISH FRY at St. John Lutheran Church in Clarinda from 5- 7 pm for a free will offering. Serving: fish, potatoes, baked beans, coleslaw, homemade rolls, cookies, and bars. 712-585-3454 or 712-542-3708 for more information.
* Children/Teen Consignment Clothing Sale at St. John's Lutheran Church (104 East St.) in Essex 9am to 5pm. If you would like to consign, contact Katy at 712-246-8659.
* he Salem Cemetery Association Annual Meeting 9:30 am at the Pizza Ranch in Red Oak. Public is invited. For more information contact Judy Smith 712-370-3854.
* Mountain Oyster Feed at the Henderson Fire House at 5pm for a free will offering........Menu: fried mountain oysters, made-rites, baked beans, chips, pop & draft beer. Proceeds will benefit the Henderson Community Fire Association.
* Montgomery County Memorial Hospital Auxiliary annual benefit "March Madness" at the Red Coach Inn. 6-9 PM - Grand Italian Buffet Dinner....Silent and Live Auction.....& Raffle Prizes. 9:00 pm Dance featuring DJ Greg Brower. Dress in your favorite athletic team apparel. Tickets are $30 each and available from Jolene Crawford 623-9076 or 623-2579...Shelley Bergren 623-4758 or 6723-2579....or at the Lemon Tree Gift Shop at MCMH 712-623-7000.
* Children/Teen Consignment Clothing Sale at St. John's Lutheran Church (104 East Street) in Essex from 10am to 5pm. If you would like to consignment, call Katy at 712-246-8659.
* Fried Chicken/Beef & Noodle Dinner Nishna Productions Fundraiser 11am to 1pm at the Shenandoah Elks (709 South Fremont) Serving: fried chicken, beef & noodles, mashed potatoes gravy, vegetable - creamed cabbage, salads, rolls, dessert prepared by Alan Armstrong. $12 per person; $6 10 to 5, and 5 and under free.
* Malvern United Methodist Church "LASAGNA & LEPRECHAUNS DINNER" beginning at 11:30 am for a free will offering. This is a fundraiser for new sanctuary carpet. See the live Leprechaun!
* BOOK FAIR at the Villisca Middle School Library Media Center from 8am to 4pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Treynor High School 8am to 2pm.
* TECH TRICKS....free class where technology is available in a simple & friendly format to watch TV everywhere....6pm at the Stanton Tech Center. Call FMTC at 829-2111 & ask for Stacy to register.
* BOOK FAIR at the Villisca Middle School Library Media Center from 8am to 8pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Stanton Viking Center 8am to 2pm.
* TCH TRICKS.....free class where technology is available in a simple & friendly format to watch TV everywhere....10am at the Stanton Tech Center....call 829-2111 & ask for Stacy to register.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Clarinda High School 7:30 am to 1:30 pm.
* Nodaway United Methodist Church Annual Spring Supper...serving will begin at 5pm at the Nodaway Community Building. Menu: hamballs, roast beef, baked potatoes, green beans, rolls, large salad bar, pies, desserts, coffee & iced tea. Adults $10. Children 5-12 $5. Children under 5 free. Carry outs available.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Glenwood High School 7am to 1pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the AHSTW High School in Avoca 8am to 2pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Bedford High School 8:30 am to 2:30 pm.
* BOOK FAIR at the Southwest Valley Middle School Library Media Center from 3pm to 6pm.
* St. Patrick Annual Spaghetti Supper from 5-7 pm at St. Patrick Parish Center in Corning. Serving spaghetti, huge salad bar, garlic bread, beverage and dessert. Adults $7. Children 10 and under $4. Preschoolers free. Dessert is $1 extra.
* Red Oak Public Library Story Time at 10:15am. Today's theme: Fishing/Camping
* Award-winning International Christian Singer, Kathy Troccoli will be at the Wilson Performing Arts Center at 7pm. Tickets are $25. Call Kara at 712-623-3183 for ticket information. There will also be a silent auction fundraiser for the Pregnancy Center of Southwest Iowa.
* Women Gaining Ground Conference at the Shenandoah Historical Museum Building beginning at 8am. A series of 6 sessions will be held. Participants will choose 3 from the following...Reducing your risk of identity theft; local foods, creative start-ups, travel time not required, business of bees, and spring decorating. Pre-registration is required. Registrations postmarked by March 10th are eligible to win $100 cash. Details for the conference, including access to the registration form, are available on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/womenlandlegacywgg any questions can be directed to your local extension office.
* Montgomery County Swine Weigh in - 9:00 am to 11:00 am at the Fairgrounds.
* SPAGHETTI SUPPER benefit for the Montgomery County Crime Stoppers at the Eagles Lodge in Red Oak from 5-7 pm for a free will donation. Auction at 6pm. Music with the Jim Wymore Band. For more information call 712-370-6628 or 712-542-8456.
* The Bethesda Lutheran church musicians will present LOVE UNKNOWN, a festival of Passion readings and music by Michael Burkhardt at 3pm. Music by the Bethesda Bells of Joy, Bethesda Recorder Consort, Brass ensemble, adult coir and guest organist, Susan Lindvall of MInnesota. There will be a freewill offering. (The church is located at 140th and O Avenue)
* Red Oak Community Band Rehearsal 6:30 - 8:30 pm at the Wilson Performing Arts Center. All wind instruments and percussion welcome. Please bring your instrument and a music stand. Rehearsals will be every Sunday at the same time. Instrument donations can be dropped off at Hardware Hank in Red Oak.
* Mills County Public Health Immunization Clinic from 9:30 - 11:30 am at their office in Glenwood.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Faith Community Church 11:30 am to 5:30 pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Villisca Community Center Noon to 6pm.
* Montgomery County annual Tornado Drill will be held today.
* Mills County Public Health Immunization Clinic from 8:30 - 11:00 am at their office in Glenwood.
* Red Oak Public Library Story Time at 10:15 am. Today's theme: Super Heroes.
* VARFEST...at the Mamrelund Lutheran Church 6:30 pm. Tickets are $15 and available at Great Western Bank, The C Store, Cast Iron Café or any Stanton Betterment Member. Cast Iron Café will cater. Shawna Olson will be the featured speaker. Thomas Bates will provide music.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Loess Hills Harley Davidson Pacific Junction 10am to 4pm.
* POLAR PLUNGE.....2nd Annual Freezin' for a Reason Polar Plunge at Rapp Park sponsored by Page/Fremont County Relay for Life. Registration at 10am. Plunge at 11am. For more information call Tess Gruber Nelson at 402-677-7443 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* 4th ANNUAL GOOD FRIDAY BREAKFAST at the Montgomery County Family YMCA Multi-Purpose Room 6:30 - 7:45 am. Rev. David MacDonald will be the featured speaker and Kari Edie will performing musical numbers. There will be a breakfast buffet. Please RSVP by April 1st by 5pm by calling the YMCA at 712-623-2161.
* Red Oak Public Library Story Time at 10:15 am. Today's theme: Bunnies/Easter.
* Adams Community Legislative Coffee 10 am at the Corning Public Library.
* A Joint Montgomery - Page County Storm Spotter class will be held a the Montgomery County Historical Center (2700 N. 4th in Red Oak) at 7pm.
* Red Oak Public Library Story Time at 10:15 a.m. Today's theme: Fireflies
* Fundraiser for the NEW Fremont County Horse Club at the Fremont County Fairgrounds....Meal and Silent Auction starting at 6ypm. Concert with CMA Recording Artist MITCH GALLAGHER from 8pm to Midnight. Tickets at the door $10 for adults....$7 for high school and under. Meal will be sloppy joes, chips & dessert for purchase. Alcohol for purchase.
* Red Oak Public Library Story Time at 10:15 am. Today's theme: Farm Animals. This is the last Story Time until fall.