To include your event on the KCSI * KOAK Community Calendar,
Submit information at least 2 weeks prior to the event to:
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org /Mail to: KCSI / P.O. Box 465 / Red Oak, Iowa 51566
* Starting November 14 thru December the Montgomery County Family YMCA "Togetherhood Community" will collect Christmas cards in the YMCA's front lobby to be delivered to MCMH, Red Oak Rehab & Care, Regency, Arlington Place, and Good Samaritan Society during December.
* Montgomery County Family YMCA "Adopt A Child for Christmas". Unwrapped gifts should be brought to the YMCA by December 13. Gifts should not exceed $40 and can be less. For more information call Nick Zimmer at the YMCA 623-2161.
* Montgomery County Family YMCA is offering a limited time PUNCH CARD. Can purchase between November 19th - December 31st and have to be used before February 10, 2017. No purchase limit. Great stocking stuffer. Questions call 712-623-2161.
* Business and Professional Women of Red Oak are selling Chocolate Amaretto Pecans and Salted Cashew nuts for $6 per bag and a cookie cookbook for $3. Available at Barb Ray's State Farm Office at 1000 Broadway.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Viking Center in Stanton 8am to 2pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the American Legion Hall in Bedford from 11am to 5pm.
* 10-Minute Table Runner Workshop 2pm at the Page County Extension Office. Cost $5. (Take 1/2 yard of fabric for background, 1/3 yard for inner fabric, scissors, straight pins, and sewing machine is optional. Pre-register by November 30. Limited space. Call Debbie Swanson 712-542-5171.
* Pest Control Operators Continuing Instructional Course for commercial pesticide applicators at the Page County Extension office. Registration fee $60 before Nov 30 and $70 after Nov 30. To register call Page County Extension at 712-542-5171.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Community Center in Treynor from 11:30 am to 5:30 pm.
* Mills County Public Health Immunization and Flu Clinic from 8:30 am to 11:00 am at their office in Glenwood.
* Red Oak Public Library Story Time 10:15 am. Theme Nuts
* "Breakfast with Mrs. Santa Claus" 9am - 11am at the Delmonico Room in Shenandoah. Space is limited to 60 children. Reservations can still be made for this FREE event....call 712-246-3455. There will be crafts & games also. Free horse-drawn carriage rides movie tickets will be provided. If you would like to volunteer call the Chamber Office at 712-246-3455.
* All-You-Can-Eat FISH FRY at the Emerson American Legion from 5-7 pm. Adults $9. Children $5.
* Keg Creek Antique Tractor Club the Indian Creek Museum Pot Luck 6pm. The Club will furnish the meat.
* The Bethesda Lutheran Church will present an Advent/Christmas music concert at 11:00 am including readings, the Bethesda Recorder Consort, the Bells of Joy, the Women's chorus and the Sunday School children.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the American Legion Hall in Lenox from 12 Noon to 6pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at Montgomery County Memorial Hospital 8am to 2pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the First Presbyterian Church in Corning 11am to 5pm.
* Agricultural Outlook Meeting at Wibholm Hall in Clarinda from 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm. The program will give a concise evaluation of crop, livestock, and land market conditions. Cost is $20 per person. Call Page County Extension at 712-542-5171 to register by December 13. Presenters are Wendong Zhang, Chad Hart, both of ISU and Lee Schultz.
* Mills County Public Health Immunization and Flu Clinic from 4-6 pm at their office in Glenwood.
* Red Oak Public Library Story Time 10:15 am. Theme: Gingerbread Boy
* Holiday Lighted Fire Truck Rides at the Montgomery County Family YMCA....meet at Multi-Purpose Room. 9:00 am to 11:00 am. No registration needed. Rides will leave the YMCA every 20 minutes. Santa will be present to visit with children before and after their rides.
* Private Pesticide Applicator Continuing Instruction Course at Wibholm Hall in Clarinda 1:30 pm to 6:30 pm. $20 training fee. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early for registration. Aaron Saeugling, ISU Extension & Outreach Field Agronomist, will be presenting information on corn diseases and the results from SW Iowa farm trials. Call 712-542-5171 for more information.
* Red Oak Public Library Story Time 10:15 am. Theme: Cupcakes
Montgomery County Family YMCA closed.
* Montgomery County Family YMCA closed.
* Montgomery County Family YMCA....Open 9am to 9m. The pool will be open 9am to 1pm and then 2pm to 7pm.
* Mills County Public Health Immunization and Flu Clinic from 8:30 - 11am at their office in Glenwood.
* Red Oak Public Library Story-Time 10:15 am. Theme: Snow/Snowballs
* Montgomery County Family YMCA open 2-6 pm. The pool will be open normal hours from 2:30 pm to 5pm.
* Red Oak Eagles BINGO every Tuesday, early bird at 6:30, regular at 7:00
* Red Oak Rotary Club meets every Tuesday at noon to 1pm for lunch and program at the Red Coach in Red Oak. Guests always welcome.
*AL-ANON, 12 step program, Tuesday nights at 7 p.m. at Faith Community Church in Red Oak.
* Over Eaters Anonymous meets every Thursday at 5:30 pm at the 1st Methodist Church in Red Oak.
* Alzheimer's Family Support Group meetings the last Wednesday of every month at 2:00 pm at the Good Samaritan Society in Red Oak (201 Alix Avenue). 712-623-3170 or 712-826-9592 for more information.
* CHRIST'S CUPBOARD COMMUNITY FOOD PANTRY is now open for service.....Open Wednesdays 3pm - 5pm and Thursdays 4pm - 6pm.
* Overeaters Anonymous.......is food a problem for you? Are you suffering from anorexia, bulimia, obesity, and, or compulsive overeating>. Meetings held weekly on Wednesdays from 5-6 pm at the United Methodist Church in Shenandoah (200 Church Street). For more information contact Sara at 712-215-1500.
* Southwest Iowa Caregiver Support Group meets every 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6pm at Westridge Quality Care in Clarinda. Call 712-542-5161 with questions.