To include your event on the KCSI * KOAK Community Calendar,
Submit information at least 2 weeks prior to the event to:
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org /Mail to: KCSI / P.O. Box 465 / Red Oak, Iowa 51566
* Mills County Public Health Immunization Clinic from 4-6 pm at their office in Glenwood.
* Salsabrosa Latin / Salsa Band at the Wilson Performing Arts Center, 7:30. Call 623-3183 for tickets.
* Red Oak Public Library Story Time at 10:15 am. Today's theme: Farm Animals. This is the last Story Time until fall.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Westminster Presbyterian Church in Clarinda 11:30 am to 5:30 pm
* Braddyville Fire & Rescue Annual Pancake Feed from 7am to 11am at Braddy Hall for a free will donation.
* 1st annual spring cleaning day at the YMCA in Red Oak, 10:00 am, all volunteers will be treated to a free lunch. Questions, call Nick Zimmer at 623-2161
* Macedonia Volunteer Fire Department Annual Steak Feed from 6-9 pm. Meal includes a 12 oz. ribeye, baked potato, salad, roll, and dessert for $15. Children can have a hotdog, chips and dessert for $5. Tea and lemonade included. Raffle for sides of beef for a $10 per ticket donation.
* Page County Treasurer's Office will be closed today for training.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the First Presbyterian Church in Corning 11:30 am to 5:30 pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Nishnabotna High School in Farragut Noon - 6pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Trinity Lutheran Church in Glenwood Noon to 6pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at Clarinda Academy 8am to 2pm.
* Pork Chop Dinner at the First Christian Church in Red Oak 4:30 - 7:00 pm. Adults $9. Children 3 to 10 $5. Children under 2 free. Carry outs available. Handicap Accessible. 712-623-2897.
* Mills County Public Health Immunization Clinic from 8:30 am to 11am at their office in Glenwood.
* Southern Celebrity Chef, Rory Schepisi, will be at the Griswold Community Building a 2pm with Diabetes Academy sponsored by Montgomery County Memorial Hospital Diabetes Education. Join this FREE event and taste samples of her delicious recipes. RSVP at 712-623-7271 by April 21st.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Fremont Mills High School 9am to 3pm
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Glenwood High School 7am to 1pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Sidney High School 10am to 4pm.
* Relay for Life Fundraiser....Pork Sandwich Meal from 5:30 pm until it's gone at Virginia's White City Inn in Stanton for a free will donation.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Shenandoah High School 8:30 am to 2:30 pm.
* 4th Annual Loops For Our Troops - Bike Ride and Pancake Feed at the Essex Fire Station. Opening Ceremony 8:00 am. Bike Ride and Pancakes from 8:30 am to noon. $20 entry fee, includes ride, t-shirt and pancakes (must register by April 22 to guarantee t-shirt) $15 Bike entry and pancakes - no t-shirt. $5 kids 12 and under (helmet required) Runners and walkers are welcome at the same cost. ANYONE is welcome for the pancake feed for a free-will donation. Honoring our local fallen heroes, PFC Brandon Buttry, CPL Jarrod Maher, SGT James Skalberg, SGT James Kearney, III, and SGT Brent Maher. They will never be forgotten. For more information contact Dawn Hadden at 712-621-1875 or email@example.com
* Griswold United Methodist Women Annual May Breakfast 9:30 am. Program "Hats" will be presented by Robin Drake.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at Montgomery County Memorial Hospital 8am to 2pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the First Christian Church in Mount Ayr 11am to 5pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the American Legion Hall in Bedford 11am to 5pm.
* FREE electronics recycling collection event at the Montgomery County Fair Grounds from 10 am to 1pm rain or shine until the truck is full. Will accept computers, laptops, cell phones, servers, flat screen monitors & televisions, printers, copiers, faxes, scanners, stereos,radios, DVD/VCR's, charging stations, and gaming equipment. Limit of 2 CRT (TUBE) items per vehicles (NOTE: 1 large projection or console TV equals 2 CRT items). Appliances, air conditioners, and vacuum cleaners will not be accepted. For more information call 402-898-5000.
******* RED OAK SUMMER MEAL PROGRAM....June 1 THROUGH August 7 11am to 1pm at Inman Primary School. Call 712-379-6636 for more information. Any child under age 18 may come eat free.
Jun e 1
* 4-H HORSE CAMP at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds today and tomorrow sponsored by the Southwest Iowa Trailblazers Saddle Club. $50 includes a 5-shirt and 4H equine rule book as well as dinner Friday night and breakfast on Saturday morning. For more information call Montgomery County Extension at 712-623-2592.
* 39th Annual Red Oak Classy Chassis Car Show. Registration 8:30 - 12:00. Voting 12:00 - 1:30 pm. Trophy Presentation 4:00 pm. Pre-Entry Fee $15 (Deadline August 3). Day of Show $20. For more information call 712-623-2617 or 712-623-4195.
* Red Oak Eagles BINGO every Tuesday, early bird at 6:30, regular at 7:00
* Red Oak Rotary Club meets every Tuesday at noon to 1pm for lunch and program at the Red Coach in Red Oak. Guests always welcome.
* Project Porchlight has meetings open to the public on the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays of each month at the Heartland Livestock Conference Room in Red Oak, for more information call 623-2281. Prayer Walk every Thursday evening 4:30 pm at Fountain Square Park in Red Oak.
AL-ANON, 12 step program, Tuesday nights at 7 p.m. at Faith Community Church in Red Oak.
* Over Eaters Anonymous meets every Thursday at 5:30 pm at the 1st Methodist Church in Red Oak.
* Alzheimer's Family Support Group meetings the last Wednesday of every month at 2:00 pm at the Good Samaritan Society in Red Oak (201 Alix Avenue). 712-623-3170 or 712-826-9592 for more information.
* CHRIST'S CUPBOARD COMMUNITY FOOD PANTRY is now open for service.....Open Wednesdays 3pm - 5pm and Thursdays 4pm - 6pm.
* BINGO every Friday night at the Nodaway Community Building 7pm