To include your event on the KCSI * KOAK Community Calendar,
Submit information at least 2 weeks prior to the event to:
E-Mail: email@example.com /Mail to: KCSI / P.O. Box 465 / Red Oak, Iowa 51566
* FARM SAFETY DAY CAMP for grades K-3 Wednesday, September 21 5:00 - 6:30 pm at Wibholm Hall in Clarinda. Fee $10. Contact the Page County Extension Office to register 712-542-5171 or toll free 1-877-596-7243.
* Red Oak Public Library Story Time 10:15 am. Theme: Alphabet Soup. Everyone welcome. Free.
* Griswold City-Wide Garage sales. Garage Sale flyers will be available starting 9/30 at the Tiger Mart and Casey's.
* Villisca City-Wide Yard Sales. AND.....Sausage Gravy & Biscuit breakfast prepared and served by the Villisca Lions Club from 7-9 am at the Villisca Community Building for a free will donation.
* Griswold Fall Extravaganza......Pancake Breakfast at Southwest Iowa Tiling (617 Main St.) in Griswold 7:00 am to 10:00 am. Menu: scrambled eggs, sausage, drinks and of course all the pancakes you can eat for a free will donation. Sponsored by Cass Lodge #412. Proceeds go to Scholarship Fund.
* The Villisca Advent Christian Church is sponsoring an Evening of Praise at the Corning Opera House at 7:00 pm. The evening will include uplifting music, entertaining short stores, a short message, entertainment designed for children up to 5th grade, snacks for all ages. Come as you are. NO charge. For more information call or text Jeff 515-710-9125 or Liz @ 712-370-2023.
* Hastings Methodist Church dinner 11:30 am to 1:00 pm. Homemade chicken & noodles, real mashed potatoes, vegetables, salads, and desserts for a free will offering.
* An "OPEN HOUSE" will be the program for the Nodaway Valley Historical Museum's 1st Sunday Program from 1-4 pm at the museum in Clarinda. This program is designed to allow people to see and hear what has been done this year at the Museum. Free program and refreshments.
* Country Classic Band Jam/Dance at the New Market Miner Pavilion 2-5 pm. Come play with the band, dance, or just listen and enjoy.
* Shenandoah Elk's Veterans Lasagna Supper.....FREE TO ALL VETERANS & SPOUSES....at the Shenandoah Elks Lodge. Doors open at 5 and food will be served at 6pm. Speaker will be Gary Barrett from Pleasant Valley, IA General Public $5. Kids 10 and under free.
* Live Well Montgomery County WALK.....everyone is encouraged to walk 30 minutes between 5:00 - 7:00 pm. You can walk any place that you feel comfortable. Join thousands of Iowans to support the Healthiest State Initiative. For more information contact Nikki Rengstorf at 712-623-7268.
* Join Corning & Adams County at 11:15 am to participate in the Healthiest State Walk for 30 minutes. The walk will begin at the Adams County Extension Office (603 7th St) in downtown Corning. The walk will officially start at 11:15 am, but please join everyone a few minutes early for a group photo. For more information contact Chris Nelson at Adams County Extension 641-322-3184.
* Mills County Public Health Immunization Clinic 8:30 am to 11:00 am at their office in Glenwood.
* Red Oak Public Library Store Time 10:15 am. Theme: Fire! Fire!
* Southwest Iowa Clarinda GUN SHOW..at the Page County Fairgrounds 4-9 pm. 100 Tables. $7 Admission. For more information contact Jim Wymore 712-621-8026.
* Southwest Iowa Clarinda GUN SHOW at the Page County Fairgrounds 9am to 5pm. 100 Tables. $7 admission. For more information contact Jim Wymore 712-621-8026.
* CHILDREN'S CARNIVAL 11am to 1pm at First Christian Church in Red Oak (1909 E. Summit) Bounce House, carnival games, face painting, pumpkin painting, hot dogs, chips, and root beer floats for children preschool through 5th grade. All activities FREE. (Children under 7 need to be accompanied by an adult)
* SPOOK-TACULAR....at Viking Lake. Chili Cook Off from 12:00 noon to 2:00 pm followed by a dessert auction at 2:00 pm. Trick or Treating for the kids from 5:30 - 7:00 pm.
* Southwest Iowa Clarinda GUN SHOW at the Page County Fairgrounds 9am to 3pm. 100 tables. $7 admission. For more information contact Jim Wymore 712-621-8026.
* Mills County Public Health Flu Clinic from 2-4 pm at their office in Glenwood.
Southwest Iowa Caregiver Support Group meeting at 6pm at Westridge Quality Care in Clarinda. 712-542-5161 for more information.
* Mills County Public Health Flu Clinic 4-6 pm at their office in Glenwood.
* Red Oak Public Library Store Time 10:15 am. Theme: Transportation
Peace Lutheran Church in Shenandoah Family Fall Festival 5-7 pm. Pumpkin painting, corn dig, pie eating contest, smore making and a hay bale maze. All activities are free including a free meal of sloppy joes, chips and drink.
* Knotty Ladies QUILT RETREAT 9am to 5pm at the Exira Rec Center (106 N. Jefferson Street). This is an all-day quilting/sewing/crafting retreat as a fundraiser for Relay for Life. Bring your favorite project and spend the day feeding your passion. Snacks, Drinks, and lunch will be provided. There will be several pressing and cutting stations set up. $30 registration. Early registration is encouraged as space is limited. To register: call 712-764-8132 and leave a message or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* All area women are invited to a conference that will include music good speakers and food at the Villisca Advent Christian Church. No Charge. Register at www.villiscaac.com and click on the conference registration button. If you have questions, contact Kim Eason at 515-710-9599.
* Mills County Public Health Immunization & Flue Clinic 4-6 pm at their office in Glenwood.
* PORK CHOP DINNER & Craft & Bake Sale at First Christian Church in Red Oak (1909 E. Summit) from 4:30 - 7:00 pm. Adults $9. Children 3-10 $5. Children 2 and under Free. Carry outs available. For more information or advance tickets call 623-2897.
* Red Oak Public Library Store Time 10:15 am. Theme: Stamping Along
* Southwest Iowa Red Oak GUN SHOW at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds White Building 4-9 pm. 85 tables. Admission $7. For more information contact Jim Wymore 712-621-8026.
* Southwest Iowa Red Oak GUN SHOW at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds White Building 9am to 5pm. 85 tables. Admission $7. For more information contact Jim Wymore 712-621-8026.
* 7th Annual PLOW DAY from 10am to 4pm at Howard Rush Farms (1.8 miles north of Griswold on Highway 48). DRAFT HORSES & Antique Tractors will be plowing. There will be a covered wagon with seats for observers to ride in and go into the field next to the horses and antique tractors. No Charge. For more information contact Jeff at 712-542-2174 or Alan at 712-789-0634. Food Available n the grounds. Rain Date October 29th.
Montgomery County Family YMCA Mystery Drop -CLICK HERE FOR ALL THE DETAILS
* Southwest Iowa Red Oak GUN SHOW at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds White Building 9am to 3pm. 85 Tables. Admission $7. For more information contact Jim Wymore 71-621-8026.
* Mills County Public Health Flu Clinic fro 9:00 - 11:00 am and again from 2:00 - 4:00 pm at their office in Glenwood.
* Mills County Public Health Immunization & Flu Clinic 8:30 am to 11:00 am at their office in Glenwood.
* Red Oak Public Library Store Time 10:15 am. Theme: Cats
* 10th Annual Trick or Treat on the Trail in Stanton 3:00 - 5:00 pm. And Trick or Treat at the Stanton Care Center from 3:00 - 4:00 pm.
* Red Oak Eagles BINGO every Tuesday, early bird at 6:30, regular at 7:00
* Red Oak Rotary Club meets every Tuesday at noon to 1pm for lunch and program at the Red Coach in Red Oak. Guests always welcome.
*AL-ANON, 12 step program, Tuesday nights at 7 p.m. at Faith Community Church in Red Oak.
* Over Eaters Anonymous meets every Thursday at 5:30 pm at the 1st Methodist Church in Red Oak.
* Alzheimer's Family Support Group meetings the last Wednesday of every month at 2:00 pm at the Good Samaritan Society in Red Oak (201 Alix Avenue). 712-623-3170 or 712-826-9592 for more information.
* CHRIST'S CUPBOARD COMMUNITY FOOD PANTRY is now open for service.....Open Wednesdays 3pm - 5pm and Thursdays 4pm - 6pm.
* Overeaters Anonymous.......is food a problem for you? Are you suffering from anorexia, bulimia, obesity, and, or compulsive overeating>. Meetings held weekly on Wednesdays from 5-6 pm at the United Methodist Church in Shenandoah (200 Church Street). For more information contact Sara at 712-215-1500.
* Southwest Iowa Caregiver Support Group meets every 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6pm at Westridge Quality Care in Clarinda. Call 712-542-5161 with questions.