JANUARY is National Mentoring Month.....The Red Oak Schools are proud to be a part of the Iowa Mentoring Partnership. If you have any questions concerning the program contact YES Mentoring Program coordinator Peggy Craig at email@example.com or call Inman Primary 623-6635.
* Private Pesticide Applicator Continuing Instruction Course at the Rose Garden on West Ferguson Rd. in Shenandoah beginning at 1:30 pm. There is a $20 training fee. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early for registration. Aaron Saeugling, ISU Extension & Outreach Field Agronomist, will be presenting required topics and information on new corn diseases and the results from Southwest Iowa farm trials. Call the Page County Extension office at 712-542-5171 for more information.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Lewis Community Center from 12 Noon to 5:30 pm.
* Lunch & Learn...."Wellness on Track Open Discussion" from 1:00 to 1:30 pm at MCMH Conference Room in Red Oak. Pre-register at www.mcmh.org or call Ashley at 623-6462.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Glenwood High School from 7am to 1pm.
* The Clarinda Cowboy Church Band is teaming up with Calvary Baptist Church of Clarinda, Christ Point Church of Shenandoah, and Faith Baptist Church of Bedford for a FAMILY FRIENDLY night of music and fun at 6:30 pm at Wibholm Hall in Clarinda. Nationally acclaimed comedy team "3-2-1 Improv" will be featured. No Charge.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Shenandoah Medical Center from 8am to 1pm.
* Veterans United of Southwest Iowa POT LUCK and meeting from 1-3 pm at the American Legion (1800 S. Elm) in Shenandoah. Please bring a covered dish or dessert. Plates, plastic ware and drink will be provided. Congressman David Young will be the special guest speaker. Any questions, please call Dawn Hadden 712-621-1875..
* Adams County Cattlemen's Banquet at the Happy Hollow Country Club in Corning. Social Hour 6pm. Ribeye Dinner at 7pm. Short meeting, awards, and auction to follow the meal. Tickets are $20 and are available from board members or at the door.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Bethlehem Lutheran Church from 11:30 am to 5:30 pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the East Mills High School from 10am to 4pm.
* Red Oak Tag-A-Longs Auction during the Boys and Girls Varsity Basketball Double Header vs. Shenandoah in Red Oak. Silent Auction during the games and a live auction during half time of the boys game. All proceeds will be used to support Red Oak athletics. If you would like to donate an item to be auctioned, please contact Jackie DeVries at 623-3528.
* Red Oak Healthcare Community & Welcov Home Health Community outreach Program 2-3 pm at the Red Oak Healthcare Community TCU. Anyone who has healthcare questions or is needing support please come. Call 712-623-5156 or 712-623-2500 for more information.
* Soup Lunch Benefit for Kyler Navarro Hernandez at the Lewis Community Center from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm. sponsored by the Lewis United Congregational Methodist Church. Kyler is a 13-year old Griswold boy having major surgery 2/7/17. Menu includes soups, relishes, rolls, beverages, and desserts for a free will offering.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at Trinity Lutheran Church 12 Noon to 6pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Red Oak High School from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Lenox High School from 9am to 3pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Community Center in Anita 12 Noon to 6pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Sidney High School from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm.
To include your event on the KCSI * KOAK Community Calendar,
Submit information at least 2 weeks prior to the event to:
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org /Mail to: KCSI / P.O. Box 465 / Red Oak, Iowa 51566
Attention all vets, Amvets Post 8 of Southwest Iowa is sponsoring a one day tour to the state capital in Des Moines on Wednesday January 18th. Tours will depart from Red Oak, Shenandoah and Clarinda. Tour includes…..round trip transportation to the program at the capital, dinner at the Machine Shed, a visit to the Iowa Veterans cemetary. For more information or to reserve your spot, call Mac at 712-246-2844. Open to all veterans and spouses.
* Red Oak Kiwanis Club meets every Monday at noon at the Pizza Ranch in Red Oak. Guests always welcome.
* Red Oak Eagles BINGO every Tuesday, early bird at 6:30, regular at 7:00
* Red Oak Rotary Club meets every Tuesday at noon to 1pm for lunch and program at the Red Coach in Red Oak. Guests always welcome.
*AL-ANON, 12 step program, Tuesday nights at 7 p.m. at Faith Community Church in Red Oak.
* Over Eaters Anonymous meets every Thursday at 5:30 pm at the 1st Methodist Church in Red Oak.
* Alzheimer's Family Support Group meetings the last Wednesday of every month at 2:00 pm at the Good Samaritan Society in Red Oak (201 Alix Avenue). 712-623-3170 or 712-826-9592 for more information.
* CHRIST'S CUPBOARD COMMUNITY FOOD PANTRY is now open for service.....Open Wednesdays 3pm - 5pm and Thursdays 4pm - 6pm.
* Overeaters Anonymous.......is food a problem for you? Are you suffering from anorexia, bulimia, obesity, and, or compulsive overeating>. Meetings held weekly on Wednesdays from 5-6 pm at the United Methodist Church in Shenandoah (200 Church Street). For more information contact Sara at 712-215-1500.
* Southwest Iowa Caregiver Support Group meets every 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6pm at Westridge Quality Care in Clarinda. Call 712-542-5161 with questions.