To include your event on the KCSI * KOAK Community Calendar,
Submit information at least 2 weeks prior to the event to:
E-Mail: email@example.com /Mail to: KCSI / P.O. Box 465 / Red Oak, Iowa 51566
* COAT DRIVE....the Kiwanis Club of Red Oak is sponsoring a coat drive. Drop off box located at BP (across from the fire station) All donations will be distributed locally through West Central Development Corp.
* TOYS FOR TOTS.....Sponsored by Red Oak Police Department, Red Oak Volunteer Firefighters Association, Montgomery County Sheriff's Office, Montgomery County Emergency Management Agency, Stanton Fire & Rescue, Villisca EMS Association, Villisca Fire Department, Grant Fire Department & First Responders, and Elliott Fire Department & First Responders.....Registration day Friday, December 4 at the Red Oak Fire Station 10am to 4pm. After Dec 5th registration will have to be done online. A parent or guardian and grandparents are the only ones allowed to sign up a child. Donations can be made directly to the Iowa Chapter of the Iowa Toys for Tots online. Fareway Store is a local drop off point for toys....must be new and unwrapped. For more information call Officer Drew Askey or Sergeant Justin Rhamy at 712-623-6501.
* Villisca Advent Christian Church's 28th Annual Community Thanksgiving Dinner beginning at 11:30 am at the Villisca Community Center. Free to everyone in the community - donations will be accepted, but not necessary. Carry outs will be available. Call 712-826-2635 by 11am to have carry outs ready.
* There will be a special showing of "THE INTERN" at the Red Oak Grand Theatre at 7pm.
* Baked Potato Bar at the Clarinda Fire Station (a Clarinda Junior Class Fundraiser) from 4:30 - 8:00 pm. $5 or free will donation. Baked potato, dessert, and drink.
* Local Scouts from Red Oak & Stanton will help the Red Oak Chamber make ready the Luminaries for the Christmas Parade tonight. Meet at the Chamber Office, 307 E. Reed, at 3pm today if you would like to help. Call Kyle at 402-689-7270 with questions.
* Sarah Davison will be performing at Calvary Baptist Church (1200 South 20th St) in Clarinda) during the 10:30 am Worship Service. Carry-in dinner to follow.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Faith Community Church in Red Oak 11:30 am - 5:30 pm.
* Mills County Public Health Flu Vaccine Clinic 2-4 pm at their office in Glenwood.
* Montgomery County Extension FREE Insurance Workshop, CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Red Oak High School 8am to 2pm.
* Mills County Public Health Flu Vaccine Clinic 2-6pm at their office in Glenwood.
* Mills County Public Health Flue Vaccine Clinic from 8:30 am to 11am at their office in Glenwood.
* Malvern United Methodist Church 14th Annual Holiday Cookie Walk, Candy & Bake Sale 8:30 am to 11:00 am at the Malvern Rescue Station.
* Essex Daycare Fundraiser - JINGLE BELL FUN RUN/WALK. Registration at 9am. Run starts at 9:30 am. Santa's Workshop 9:00 - 10:30 am. All registration will be the day of the run....kids $5 and adults $10. All proceeds will go to resurfacing the Essex Child Center playground.
* The 23rd Annual Festival of Trees at the Malvern Community Building. Dozens of decorated Christmas trees, Malvern Fire Department Breakfast, 4-H Lunch, Holiday Vendors' Market, Santa Visits, Petting Zoo with fainting goats, live entertainment, and a silent auction. Sponsored by Malvern Area Betterment Association.
* The Nodaway Valley Historical Museum's 1st Sunday Program 2:00 pm in the meeting room in Clarinda. Presenter will be Elaine Christensen talking about her unique Christmas card collection which features over 1000 different cards. There will be a power point showing 100 of her favorites. Christmas music by Emily and Frank Hidalgo. This is a free program about one hour long with refreshments. Donations are always appreciated. Call 712-542-3073 for more information.
* Mills County Public Health Flu Vaccine Clinic from 2- 4:30 pm at their office in Glenwood.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Stanton Viking Center 8am to 2pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Bedford American Legion 11am to 5pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Lenox American Legion Hall Noon to 6pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the CAM High School 8:30 am to 2:30 pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Treynor Community Center 11:30 am to 5:30 pm.
* Mills County Public Health Flu Vaccine Clinic from 8:30 am to 11:00 am at their office in Glenwood.
* Red Oak Senior Center Craft & Bake Sale 10am to noon at the Center (2700 N. 4th in Red Oak).
* Mills County Public Health Flu Vaccine Clinic from 9am to 11am at their office in Glenwood.
* The Montgomery County Memorial Hospital Auxiliary will have holiday shopping, baking, and bedding from 11am to 6pm in the lower level conference room.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Clarinda Academy 8am to 2pm.
* Mills County Public Health Flu Vaccine Clinic from 4-6 pm at their office in Glenwood.
* Red Oak Eagles BINGO every Tuesday, early bird at 6:30, regular at 7:00
* Red Oak Rotary Club meets every Tuesday at noon to 1pm for lunch and program at the Red Coach in Red Oak. Guests always welcome.
* Project Porchlight has meetings open to the public on the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays of each month at the Heartland Livestock Conference Room in Red Oak, for more information call 623-2281. Prayer Walk every Thursday evening 4:30 pm at Fountain Square Park in Red Oak.
AL-ANON, 12 step program, Tuesday nights at 7 p.m. at Faith Community Church in Red Oak.
* Over Eaters Anonymous meets every Thursday at 5:30 pm at the 1st Methodist Church in Red Oak.
* Alzheimer's Family Support Group meetings the last Wednesday of every month at 2:00 pm at the Good Samaritan Society in Red Oak (201 Alix Avenue). 712-623-3170 or 712-826-9592 for more information.
* CHRIST'S CUPBOARD COMMUNITY FOOD PANTRY is now open for service.....Open Wednesdays 3pm - 5pm and Thursdays 4pm - 6pm.
* BINGO every Friday night at the Nodaway Community Building 7pm