CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR SUMMER 2015 TRY-OUT INFO
To include your event on the KCSI * KOAK Community Calendar,
Submit information at least 2 weeks prior to the event to:
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org /Mail to: KCSI / P.O. Box 465 / Red Oak, Iowa 51566
* WANTED....host families for students from Germany, China, Denmark, France, Italy, and more countries. Youth for Understanding is looking for host families for students for the 2015-16 school year. Families need to provide a bed, 3 daily meals and share your life with the student. The students will have health insurance and bring their own spending money. Contact Patty at 402-342-6737 or visit the website www.yfu-usa.org
* RED OAK REDEMPTION CENTER...winter hours - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from noon to 5pm and Saturday from 9am to 1pm.
* LIVE HEALTHY IOWA 10-WEEK WELLNESS CHALLENGE.....Register teams of 2 to 10 people for the Challenge which starts January 26th. Register on line at livehealthyiowa.org and enter group id lhiromc Questions call Nikki Rengstorf at 623-7000.
* Altrusa Club still has nuts for sale at Houghton State Bank Plaza, Red Oak Do It Center, Tangles Salon, and MCMH c/o Holly Crowell.
* Farm Service Agency (FSA) reminds producers to review bases and yields as soon as possible for New Farm Programs. The deadline to update yield history and/or reallocate base acres is February 27, 2015. Owners need to certify one yield per crop per farm for each crop year 2008-2012. The second step of this process cannot begin until an owner's signature has been obtained for the base and yield process. For more information call 712-623-2527 or 712-542-5137.
* Mills County Public Health Immunization Clinic from 8:30 - 11:30 am at their office in Glenwood.
* Crop Insurance Meeting 10am at the St. Patrick's Parish Center (607 6th Street) in Corning. Information regarding the Farm Bill, ARC, PLC, Yield Exclusion, SCO, & more.
* Griswold Junior Class Fundraiser at the High School Commons 5-7 pm. Meal includes pizza, chips, drink, and cookie. $5/person
* Clarinda Legislative Briefing 10am at the Glenn Miller Birthplace Museum meeting room (122 W. Clark Street). State Senator Mark Costello and State Representative Cecil Dolecheck will be on hand to discuss legislative issues and to answer your questions. Open to the public.
* Invest in Mental Health....Keep MHI Open in Clarinda....10am at the Glenn Miller Museum....community support needed.
* Join the Lewis Town & Country Boosters for Sunday Dinner --- Turkey & Noodles over biscuits, vegetable & assorted desserts from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. at the Lewis Community Center for a free will donation.
* 2014 Farm Bill Meeting at Wibholm Hall 1:30 pm in Clarinda. Chris Irvin, County Executive Director for Montgomery & Page County FSA will present information on the ARCPLC Programs. There is no cost. For more information call 712-623-2527 or 712-542-5137.
* Adams County Chamber Award Banquet at the Happy Hollow Country Club......Social Hour 5:30 - 6:30 pm....dinner at 6:30 pm. Awards to follow
* Adams County Cattlemen's Banquet at the Happy Hollow Country Club in Corning. Social Hour 6pm. Ribeye Dinner at 7pm. Tickets are $20 and are available at the door or from any board member.
* Nodaway Valley Historical Museum's in Clarinda 1st Sunday Program 2:00 pm.. Carol Bellairs will portray in first-person Juliette Gordon Low, founder of the Girl Scout Organization. The program is free. Refreshments will be served following the program. Donations are welcome to help support the museum's activities and displays.
*Adams Community legislative Coffee 10 am at the Corning Public Library.
* Clarinda Lutheran School Annual German Dinner 11:00 am to 1:00 pm for a free-will donation. They would like you to call and make reservation if possible....542-3657. There will be a silent auction from 10:30 - 1:15 and a live auction at 1:30 pm.
* Griswold Junior Class Fundraiser 5-8 pm at Dusty's Place in Griswold....meal incudes choice of several different pastas, salad bar and breadsticks.
* The Glenn Miller Birthplace Society invites you to "Moonlight Serenade at the Glenn Island Casino"...an evening of dinner and dancing to benefit the Glenn Miller Scholarship Fund. Dinner begins at 6:30 pm. with a 5-course meal. 1930's themed clothing is encouraged but not required. A special exhibit on Glenn's Army Air Force Band will be open for touring and the museum's original Glenn Island menu, signed by Glenn and the band, will also be on display. Tickets are $50/each and a portion is tax deductible. Reservations can be made at the Glenn Miller Birthplace Museum between 1-5 pm Tuesday - Sunday or by calling 712-542-2461.
* Mills Soil & Water Conservation District Annual Appreciation Dinner 76:00 - 8;30 pm at the Malvern Community Building. Must RSVP by February 10 ...call 712-624-8606 Ext. 302 or email: email@example.com
* Adams Community Legislative Coffee 10am at the Corning Public Library.
* Adams Community Legislative Coffee 10 am at the Corning Public Library.
* Red Oak Eagles BINGO every Tuesday, early bird at 6:30, regular at 7:00
* Red Oak Rotary Club meets every Tuesday at noon to 1pm for lunch and program at the Red Coach in Red Oak. Guests always welcome.
* Project Porchlight has meetings open to the public on the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays of each month at the Heartland Livestock Conference Room in Red Oak, for more information call 623-2281. Prayer Walk every Thursday evening 4:30 pm at Fountain Square Park in Red Oak.
AL-ANON, 12 step program, Tuesday nights at 7 p.m. at Faith Community Church in Red Oak.
* Over Eaters Anonymous meets every Thursday at 5:30 pm at the 1st Methodist Church in Red Oak.
* Alzheimer's Family Support Group meetings the last Wednesday of every month at 2:00 pm at the Good Samaritan Society in Red Oak (201 Alix Avenue). 712-623-3170 or 712-826-9592 for more information.
* CHRIST'S CUPBOARD COMMUNITY FOOD PANTRY is now open for service.....Open Wednesdays 3pm - 5pm and Thursdays 4pm - 6pm.
* BINGO every Friday night at the Nodaway Community Building 7pm
* NEW HOURS.....at the Redemption Center in Red Oak. Monday 9am to 5pm. Tuesday rhrough Friday 10am to 5pm. Saturday 9am to 4pm.