*** GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN!!!!!....learn nail art, make jewelry, make scarves our of t-shirts and yarn, learn about make-up, learn about hair styles and hair care, do crafts and enjoy snacks. March 9, March 16, March 23, and March 30 from 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm at the Page County Extension Office for girls in 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th grades. Limit of 20 will be accepted. SIGN UP by March 1. Contact Debbie Swanson at 712-542-5171. Cost is $20 which covers all the materials.
* The Montgomery County Family YMCA Carder Indoor Tennis Center will be closed the entire week of Monday - February 27 through Sunday - March 5th for repainting.
* The Red Oak Farmers' Market is asking the public to take a brief survey to understand how to best serve the community. The survey is available online at their Facebook page.....search for the Red Oak Farmers' Market and at the KCSI Website, kcsifm.com. Paper copies are available at MCMH, the YMCA, Pudgy Pumpkin Patch Gift Shop and at the Red Oak Public Library.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Shenandoah High School from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Southwest Valley High School -Corning Campus 8am to 2pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the American Legion Hall in Bedford from 11am to 5pm.
* CHICKEN & BISCUIT SUPPER at the Maple Grove United Methodist Church at Guss 5:00 - 7:00 pm. Also included a salad bar and pies for a freewill donation. Carry outs available. Handicap Accessible.
* 7th Annual Red Oak FFA Alumni Soup Supper and Auction at the Gold Fair Building 5:00 - 7:30 pm. A variety of soups and desserts will be available for a free will donation. A silent auction will be held the entire time and a live auction will start at 6:00 pm. For more information contact Alan Spencer, FFA Advisor, at the Red Oak High School.
* Red Oak Public Library Story Time at 10:15 am...today's theme buses.
* Red Oak High School Musical "Anything Goes" 7:00 pm at the auditorium. Will also be Saturday, Feb 25 at 7pm and Sunday, Feb 26 at 2pm. All tickets are general admission. Tickets are $7 for adults and $6 for students. Concessions will be available before the show provided by the Red Oak music Boosters.
* Amazing Chemistry Show at the Gold Fair Building in Red Oak at 7:00 pm. The show is fast-paced and engaging science experiments to captivate kids and adults while sharing God's love for them. Prior to the show (from 5-7 pm) families are invited to participate in a hands-on science experience with more than 150 exhibits. For more information visit www.theamazingchemistryshow.com
* The Montgomery County Family YMCA will close at 2pm with the Swimming Pool closing at 1:30 pm...due to the employee holiday party. 712-632-2161.
* St. Mary's Catholic Church of Red Oak's 3rd Annual Mardi Gras Dinner at the Parish Hall. Social Hour at 6pm. Enjoy Cajun Crawfish pie, mini Italian Muffuletas, vegetable tray, New Orleans Seafood Gumbo, Garden Salad, Rolls, Jambalaya, Chicken & Dumplings, Slow Roast Pork Loin, mashed potatoes and Corn Maque Choux. For dessert - bread pudding with rum sauce and New Orleans famous "Haydel's Bakery" Mardi Gras King Cake. Auction to follow the dinner. Limited seating. $30/person. Tickets available after Mass or in the Parish Office or call 712-623-2744.
* BINGO at the Griswold Legion Hall (515 Main St) 6:30 - 9:00 pm. Cost per card is 50 cents. Light refreshments will be provided free of charge. Next Bingo night will be March 25.
* Red Oak High School Musical, "Anything Goes" 7pm at the Auditorium. Also will be Sunday, February 26th at 2pm. All tickets general admission $7 for adults and $6 for students. Concessions available before the show provided by the Red Oak Music Boosters.
* Cass County Pony Express annual Benefit Dance and Auction at the Cumberland Community Building from 8:00 pm. to Midnight. The band, Coal Mule, will be featured for your listening and dancing. Raffle for a Polaris 900 Crew Cab SUX and a 7' x 16' H & H enclosed trailer to pull it. For more information call 712-789-9980.
* Stanton American Legion Annual Biscuit & Gravy Feed 5-7 pm. Free-will donation at the door. All proceeds go to help fund the American Legion's yearly activities.
* Red Oak High School Musical, "Anything Goes" 2pm at the Auditorium. Tickets are all general admission $7 for adults and $6 for students. Concessions will be available before the show provided by the Red Oak Music Boosters.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Elks Lodge in Shenandoah from 11:30 am to 5:30 pm.
* A Pasture Management Session "Spring Grazing - Opportunities and Management Needs" 6:30 - 9:00 pm at the Corning Library. There is no fee to attend and no pre-registration needed. Pizza and Soft drinks will be provided. For more information contact the Adams County Extension Office 641-322-3184.
* Shrove Tuesday Pancake Feed at St. John's Episcopal Church in Shenandoah (401 Church St.) from 5-7 pm. Free will donation with proceeds going to the Shenandoah Food Panty.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Riverside High School in Oakland 8am - 2pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Treynor High School 8am - 2pm.
* Dr. Humpal will be the guest speaker @ a free program to provide support and answer questions about healthcare and provide education on prevention and disease process at the Red Oak Healthcare Community TCU 2:00 - 3:00 pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Viking Center 8:00 am - 2:00 pm.
* Red Oak Eagles Lenten Fish Fry....5-7 PM or while supplies last ....baked beans, coleslaw, onion rings or fries, roll and all the meat you can eat for $9.50. Music by Jim Wymore & friends from 7pm to 11pm. Proceeds from this Fish Fry will go to Delilah - daughter of Lexie Holmgren & Justin Miner of Stanton born January 18, 2017 with a congenital heart defect.
* Training Sessions for Iowa 4-H Fair Judges and those considering being a 4-H Judge will be held at the Carson Community Center from 9am to 3pm. For more information contact your local ISU Extension and Outreach County Office
* The Salem Cemetery Association annual meeting will be at the Red Oak Pizza Ranch at 9:30 am.
* Benefit for Rayann West at the 1st Christian Church in Tabor from 10am to 5pm. Silent Auction, Bake Sale, and Karaoke. A meal of pulled pork, cole slaw, and baked beans for a free will donation. Also professional hair cuts and massages for a free will donation.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Griswold High School 8:30 am to 2:30 pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Clarinda Regional Health Center 10:30 am - 4:30 pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Clarinda High School 8am - 2pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Essex High School 8am to 2pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the South Page High School 12 Noon to 5pm.
* Page & Fremont County Relay for Life FUNDRAISER...."Picture A Cure" at the Wabash Winery in Shenandoah. For $10 the cancer survivor, caregiver, or patient can get their hair and make-up done and a 15-minute photoshoot. Included for the $10 is a goodie bag for the cancer patient or survivor and a 5x7 of your best photo. Call Meagan at 712-621-6993 or Tori at 712-215-1702.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Shenandoah K-8 School 10am to 4pm.
* Southwest Iowa Bridal Expo from 10am to 2pm at The Noble Manor (404 E. Coolbaugh) in Red Oak. Call 319-521-0007 to purchase tickets. $5 in advance. $7 Day of Expo.
To include your event on the KCSI * KOAK Community Calendar,
Submit information at least 2 weeks prior to the event to:
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org /Mail to: KCSI / P.O. Box 465 / Red Oak, Iowa 51566
Attention all vets, Amvets Post 8 of Southwest Iowa is sponsoring a one day tour to the state capital in Des Moines on Wednesday January 18th. Tours will depart from Red Oak, Shenandoah and Clarinda. Tour includes…..round trip transportation to the program at the capital, dinner at the Machine Shed, a visit to the Iowa Veterans cemetary. For more information or to reserve your spot, call Mac at 712-246-2844. Open to all veterans and spouses.
* Red Oak Kiwanis Club meets every Monday at noon at the Pizza Ranch in Red Oak. Guests always welcome.
* Red Oak Eagles BINGO every Tuesday, early bird at 6:30, regular at 7:00
* Red Oak Rotary Club meets every Tuesday at noon to 1pm for lunch and program at the Red Coach in Red Oak. Guests always welcome.
*AL-ANON, 12 step program, Tuesday nights at 7 p.m. at Faith Community Church in Red Oak.
* Over Eaters Anonymous meets every Thursday at 5:30 pm at the 1st Methodist Church in Red Oak.
* Alzheimer's Family Support Group meetings the last Wednesday of every month at 2:00 pm at the Good Samaritan Society in Red Oak (201 Alix Avenue). 712-623-3170 or 712-826-9592 for more information.
* CHRIST'S CUPBOARD COMMUNITY FOOD PANTRY is now open for service.....Open Wednesdays 3pm - 5pm and Thursdays 4pm - 6pm.
* Overeaters Anonymous.......is food a problem for you? Are you suffering from anorexia, bulimia, obesity, and, or compulsive overeating>. Meetings held weekly on Wednesdays from 5-6 pm at the United Methodist Church in Shenandoah (200 Church Street). For more information contact Sara at 712-215-1500.
* Southwest Iowa Caregiver Support Group meets every 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6pm at Westridge Quality Care in Clarinda. Call 712-542-5161 with questions.