To include your event on the KCSI * KOAK Community Calendar,
Submit information at least 2 weeks prior to the event to:
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org /Mail to: KCSI / P.O. Box 465 / Red Oak, Iowa 51566
Montgomery County Toys for Tots Program - CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE DETAILS
* WANTED....host families for students from Germany, China, Denmark, France, Italy, and more countries. Youth for Understanding is looking for host families for students for the 2015-16 school year. Families need to provide a bed, 3 daily meals and share your life with the student. The students will have health insurance and bring their own spending money. Contact Patty at 402-342-6737 or visit the website www.yfu-usa.org
* The Red Oak Kiwanis Club is having a coat drive. Drop off coats, stocking caps, gloves, etc at BP on Broadway in Red Oak by Thanksgiving. All items must be clean and in good condition.
* COAT DRIVE......The Good Samaritan Society in Red Oak is having a coat drive. Gently used coats are needed for area children. Please take them to the Good Samaritan Society in Red Oak at 201 Alix Ave. If you have questions, please call Donna at 712-623-3170.
* The Altrusa nuts are here and can be purchased at Houghton State Bank Plaza, Heartland Insurance Services, MCMH (Holly Crowell), Red Oak Do It Center, The Beauty Nook, Double Take Hair Design, Tangles Salon, and The Hair Company in Stanton...Questions call Dianne Hildreth at 712-623-9406 or 402-658-0780.
* BAIRD'S CHRISTMAS LIGHTS Saturday, December 13 through January 1, 2015 5:00 pm to 10:30 pm every night. DIRECTIONS: From Red Oak....Highway 48 to H20 (Stennett Corner) west 3 miles, north 2 1/2 miles. From the north.....Highway 48 to Eberts Corner...west on H12, go 3 miles, then south.
* Christmas Day Worship Service at the Carl United Methodist Church (north of Corning) 10:30 am
* "A Cowboy Christmas" at Wibholm Hall on the Page County Fairgrounds in Clarinda at 6:30 pm. The Cowboy Church Bank (Brooke Turner, Rande Montgomery, Scott Davison, Ron Burson, & guest Sarah Davison) will perform special music of the season.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Clarinda Lutheran School noon to 5pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Trinity Lutheran Church in Glenwood from noon to 6pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Griswold High School 8:30 am to 2:30 pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Essex High School 9am to 2pm
* Montgomery County Family YMCA SoupFest from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm....featuring Bingo.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the East Mills High School 10am to 4pm.
* 3-State Beef Conference at Southwestern Community College in Creston. Registration starts at 5:30 pm...program from 6:00 pm - 8:45 pm. Speakers from Iowa State University and the University of Nebraska will present Evaluating Supplementation Strategies, Rethinking Forage Systems, and Financial Impacts of Fertility and Infertility. Cost is $25, which includes a meal and materials. Pre-registration is required by January 9. Call Page County Extension at 712-542-5171.
* ServSafe, the national certification program for food service managers, will be held in Creston today. Cost is $150 which includes 8 hours class time, a manual, and the national certification exam. There is a $50 discount for Iowa Restaurant Association members. It will be held at SWCC 103 Tech Center I in Creston. To receive more information and a registration form contact your local ISU Extension office or call 741-782-8426. Registration is required by January 6.
* Private Pesticide Applicator Re-Certification training at 1:30 pm at the Corning Community Center. The training will fulfill yearly continuing instructional course credit for agricultural producers who have a private Pesticide Applicator License. No pre-registration required. For more information contact the Adams County Extension at 741-322-3184. Cost is $20.
* Red Oak Eagles BINGO every Tuesday, early bird at 6:30, regular at 7:00
* Red Oak Rotary Club meets every Tuesday at noon to 1pm for lunch and program at the Red Coach in Red Oak. Guests always welcome.
* Project Porchlight has meetings open to the public on the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays of each month at the Heartland Livestock Conference Room in Red Oak, for more information call 623-2281. Prayer Walk every Thursday evening 4:30 pm at Fountain Square Park in Red Oak.
AL-ANON, 12 step program, Tuesday nights at 7 p.m. at Faith Community Church in Red Oak.
* Over Eaters Anonymous meets every Thursday at 5:30 pm at the 1st Methodist Church in Red Oak.
* Alzheimer's Family Support Group meetings the last Wednesday of every month at 2:00 pm at the Good Samaritan Society in Red Oak (201 Alix Avenue). 712-623-3170 or 712-826-9592 for more information.
* CHRIST'S CUPBOARD COMMUNITY FOOD PANTRY is now open for service.....Open Wednesdays 3pm - 5pm and Thursdays 4pm - 6pm.
* BINGO every Friday night at the Nodaway Community Building 7pm
* NEW HOURS.....at the Redemption Center in Red Oak. Monday 9am to 5pm. Tuesday rhrough Friday 10am to 5pm. Saturday 9am to 4pm.